The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :0.6T4:

Misc:

Updated Commands.txt and /help command

Stupid question: is it because of server version (which is 0.6T, not 0.6T2-4 at the moment) that /help-command seems to be updated only on Single Player?

What do I mean that when I test this new patch on Single Player, typing /help displays these commands as well:
: clear ck cv cansiren ujoin uai autosave save_mpr

These commands are not displayed on multiplayer when I type that /help-command, even though I'm admin.
Quote from tankslacno :is it because of server version (which is 0.6T, not 0.6T2-4 at the moment) that /help-command seems to be updated only on Single Player?

Yes, they are sent from the host as that list is actually the host commands. It's done that way to allow a host to have new comments and guests can see them in the /help response. Probably not really needed but seemed a good idea many years ago! Big grin
Patch works ok so far,

A AI related question:

Note: This is in multiplayer mode

Should be possible to set an setup to each AI driver?
I have set 'AI uses player setup' to: [no]
And yes, i can set a differend setup than myself. But i cannot set it for each AI driver individually. But it sets the setup for all the AI's i load

Or i must do something really stupid. Tongue

Request:
Is it possible to display the setup name in F12 menu for the AI's aswell?

Thanks for your hard work.
Quote from Bass-Driver :
A AI related question:

Note: This is in multiplayer mode

Should be possible to set an setup to each AI driver?
I have set 'AI uses player setup' to: [no]
And yes, i can set a differend setup than myself. But i cannot set it for each AI driver individually. But it sets the setup for all the AI's i load

Or i must do something really stupid. Tongue

I'm not sure did I understood this correctly at all, but did you mean that when you have setting "AI uses player setup" having an option [no] selected, you cannot have different default-setups for different AI's? If you meant that, then no, it's not possible. If you want AI's to use different setups, you have to put that option to [yes] and then select different setup via garage for each AI-driver individually.
Uhhhhhhhm , i feel so dumb right now. Face -> palm

Thanks for the fast response
Yes, as tankslacno says you need AI uses player setup [yes].

Then you need to select a setup in garage, exit garage, add AI. Then enter garage again, select setup, exit garage, add another AI, etc.

It's a bit laborious, I know, but you should end up with AI with different setups. I don't think it's easy to change the way it works at the moment (or display the selected setup name as that is not currently stored) because I really need to get back to the lighting in the development version. I'm at that point now in this short run on test patches where I only want to fix issues, so we can get on and release the full version next week.
Scawen: I think I found a bug.

Way to reproduce this bug on single player:

1) Clear starting Grid.
2) Go to Options -> Misc -> and put setting "AI use player setup" to [no]. Now leave that setting "AI use player colors" to [yes]
3) Now, go back and load any grid(-file). At least for me, all AI's on that grid are having same default skin, despite setting on options telling otherwise.
Quote from tankslacno :3) Now, go back and load any grid(-file). At least for me, all AI's on that grid are having same default skin, despite setting on options telling otherwise.

The way you described, I think that is because the option refers to when you add a player to the grid, it does not refer to players who are already on a grid (or when you load a grid).

But my brain is a bit fried now so maybe I'm wrong.
Quote from Scawen :The way you described, I think that is because the option refers to when you add a player to the grid, it does not refer to players who are already on a grid (or when you load a grid).

But my brain is a bit fried now so maybe I'm wrong.

Okay this is bit weird, but if I put that setting "AI use player setup" to [yes] and setting "AI use player colors" to [no] and then load grid, every AI is having a correct (= different) skin. If I put both settings to [no], AI's are having default skins.

I assume that it has to do something with the fact, that the setting "AI use player setup" is counting skin as well to that setup despite it should be "AI use player colors"-setting's work to count that skin itself.
OK, thanks. I'll try to reproduce that bug tomorrow or Monday.

EDIT: Though it is almost certainly the same as it has been for years. Still could be a bug though!
Quote from Scawen :It would be cool if TC would try out the new DCon, so we'll know if there are any problems with the new lag recovery system.

[TC] CityDriving One is now running T4, we'll see how it goes tomorrow when the player numbers pick up.
Quote from Scawen :It would be cool if TC would try out the new DCon, so we'll know if there are any problems with the new lag recovery system.

What does this new lag recovery system do and when? Will its effects be noticeable?
Quote from Scawen :I don't really need screenshots of the effects of antivirus. I can't fix overzealous antivirus software.

Wizard, I don't think I can spend time thinking about strobe. I think it would be best to talk to its developer.

Let's just test and please report if you find any problems with the new test patch, or if you have some comments about one of the new features.

It would be cool if TC would try out the new DCon, so we'll know if there are any problems with the new lag recovery system.

Actually Windows Defender SmartScreen also thinks the zip file is a threaten..
Quote from kagurazakayukari :Actually Windows Defender SmartScreen also thinks the zip file is a threaten..

Does not do it on my computer(windows 10 64) build 17134.523. If you have any cloud based or reputation based anti-virus it might give a warning as its a previously unknown file
Quote from Degats :[TC] CityDriving One is now running T4, we'll see how it goes tomorrow when the player numbers pick up.

Great, thanks!

Quote from mbutcher :What does this new lag recovery system do and when? Will its effects be noticeable?

I wrote something about that in the Hosts section: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/93146

Quote from THE WIZARD DK :i experienced several times but could not reproduce on purpose(therefore no data) i get some sort of roll or pitch to my view in cockpit when usinf V to shift through cameras. all cams works fine but when i go to the cockpit view from outside view i get like a split sekund where the screen dives down and then goes back to normal position.

Sounds like the new View lock "filter" option.
I just wanted to say that the new "View lock" to filter / horizon feels amazing even without VR! ^^
Quote from Evolution_R :I just wanted to say that the new "View lock" to filter / horizon feels amazing even without VR! ^^

indeed, it is excellent when driving on ovals part to see the angle taken by the car Thumbs up . Without, Rockingham was feeling almost flat to me, but with, when I just see replays it is very brilliant and immersive inside the cars !
Installed ok for me. Such nice to see small new things dropped in, thank you!
Good to hear some of you like the filtered view, it is quite interesting seeing a bit more how the car moves before the camera catches up.

Credit to MagicFr for describing a filtered view system: https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1938814#post1938814

And here is a video I watched of his system in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=bNP01xoSmH8

Mine's a bit different but I guess similar. His system has more customisation options.

Quote from tankslacno :Okay this is bit weird, but if I put that setting "AI use player setup" to [yes] and setting "AI use player colors" to [no] and then load grid, every AI is having a correct (= different) skin. If I put both settings to [no], AI's are having default skins.

I confirm this is happening here, colours are wrongly affected by the "AI use player setup" option when I load a grid.

If I save a grid of different selected skins, then the grid always loads the wrong colours when "AI use player setup" is set to [no].

In that case, all AI will use either my current selected colour or their own selection, depending on the "AI use player colours" setting.

I believe what we actually want to happen is that the AIs in the saved grid should always use the colours/skins they were saved with, regardless of these settings. I think these settings should only apply at the moment the AI is added to the grid, otherwise it is too confusing. But tell me if I'm wrong about that.

I realise that it would be nice to have an interface to easily select a setup or colour for any AI already in the grid, but I don't feel there is time for that now. I do plan to fix the bug though.

i found this "bug" and reported it before but it caught no attention so im reporting it again
Thanks. It should be fixed either by putting the mirror in the same (offset) place as in normal view, or by getting that mirror texture in the right place. I don't know which is the easiest solution but I'll have a look.
Quote from Scawen :Good to hear some of you like the filtered view, it is quite interesting seeing a bit more how the car moves before the camera catches up.

indeed, it is very nice ! Feels better it seems ! LFS

One 'small' thing that could be nice : when you have a full list of AI (saved) is to randomize the positions : either in the menu or as a surprise when starting ... Ya right (and even reducing the number of AI in the saved list would be very nice)
Okay, after a few hours of testing, I would say I liked the filtered view the most. Lock on the horizon is too much for me personally. But in the filtered view, the vehicle gets a little more movement and live in the cockpit. At the same time, some small hops are now more clearly traceable to the force feedback (visual and haptic) At least this is my first impression ....

My favorite thing would be if the vehicle and the driver were moving up and down at the same time. Both for themselves. But I think that's technically impossible. Maybe with a MotionRig ....... (as @MagicFr already mentioned)
Quote from Scawen :I believe what we actually want to happen is that the AIs in the saved grid should always use the colours/skins they were saved with, regardless of these settings. I think these settings should only apply at the moment the AI is added to the grid, otherwise it is too confusing. But tell me if I'm wrong about that.

That's exactly what I was thinking how it should work. Those settings should only apply when AI's are added to the grid. So you're not wrong about that.

Quote from Flotch :One 'small' thing that could be nice : when you have a full list of AI (saved) is to randomize the positions : either in the menu or as a surprise when starting ...

Can't you already do that kind of thing randomizing by enabling randomized start order in game settings? At very least, if you restart race, those start positions will be randomized at the moment.
Quote from tankslacno :Can't you already do that kind of thing randomizing by enabling randomized start order in game settings? At very least, if you restart race, those start positions will be randomized at the moment.

You are right, you just need to restart once ... I would have prefer to get it the first shoot, but it workarounds the thing a bit Wink
This thread is closed

Test Patch T7: View/Controller/VR/AI updates
(99 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG