The online racing simulator
0.6T installing failed ( )
(8 posts, started )
#1 - lucaf
The image you uploaded is an empty 0kb file. Why not upload it to imgur and link the image in the thread?
Quote from bobbelli :btw im installing on a SD card plugged into my laptop since my laptops storage is full

Why would anyone install anything on a removable, SD card storage??? Please, try it again after cleaning up your hard drive and install it there. Also, you can always upgrade your HDD.
lets start
1st:
the image i uploaded was a 0kb file becuase google drive is shit
2nd:
i know i can upload the image to the post but it didnt want to upload for some reason i tried google drive which i trusted and the language in the image was finnish...
3rd:
i cant ¨clean up¨ my flash storage on my laptop since it was filled up by windows update and i cant change the HDD since its soldered on my laptops motherboard....
No offense and I know it isn't the best advice, but if you have a storage device with a capacity that Windows update can fill up, I would call that an unusable computer. You should never have to install programs on an SD card, ever. Try reinstalling Windows, but if that doesn't help and the HDD/SDD is really "soldered", you should get a new(er) notebook / PC.

By the way, why did you remove your opening (first) post?... that made the thread meaningless and should be closed.
#5 - Ped7g
If the built-in drive is too small, you can also try to remove windows completely and use some modern OS... Of course if you want to use only windows SW, that's not an option, but as the windows system with full disk is unusable pretty much in any way, installing some linux flavour on it would make it instantly 1000+% more usable. Big grin
#6 - lucaf
Quote from bobbelli :
i cant ¨clean up¨ my flash storage on my laptop since it was filled up by windows update

Actually you can. In the Disk Cleanup tool there is a possibility to cleanup Windows Update. You will be surpised how much free space it will clean for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHq3bqowzW0
(the most important click is at 4:18 - clean up System files))

Even I run that routine now and then, I ran it again right now and again its freeing up more than 3GB of old windows update stuff. Be sure to check that one row in the list. And be ready to wait really long while it cleans it up! May take more than an hour.
Quote from bobbelli :Everytime i try to install 0.6T it fail on 90-99 %
it's trying to unpack some file and then it comes with a error message

btw im installing on a SD card plugged into my laptop since my laptops storage is full
i have tried donwloading the installer from several mirrors from LFS.net but that didnt do it

Download and install 7-zip (it requires 5mb of hdd space) https://www.7-zip.org/download.html.
Launch 7-Zip File Manager go to Tools > Options > Folders, check Specified and chose folder on your SDcard (make new folder). Apply, Ok, close 7-zip file manager.
Then right click on lfs-setup-exe > 7-Zip > Open archive, select everything except $PLUGINSDIR and move it (extract) to your SCcard.
You need ~3GB free space on your SCcard to do this.
#8 - Ped7g
My root particion (where I have the OS kernel, desktop environment and all SW installed) has currently 19GB (I have lot of SW, various compilers, development libraries, all major versions of gcc, etc..). It's of course fully updated to latest versions of everything.

But that's without the Android development stuff, that's in my /home, and that alone takes about 30-40+GB... because why f*cking not, dear Google... argh. It's driving me insane, how people carelessly fill gigabytes of storage space, most often in completely ridiculous and easily avoidable way.

So, anyway, if you are not developer, full desktop linux installation with KDE5 and being up-to-date would eat probably about 8-12GB at most.

JFYI ... Smile

0.6T installing failed ( )
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG