The online racing simulator
#1 - rik97
LFS goes random to desktop screen twice
Hi all,

Since some time a same problem is coming up and I can't figure out why it happens and how to solve it. While I play LFS sometimes it returns random back to desktop homescreen. When it happens once, I know the second time will come a few seconds later. I don't push any button apart from my controlls to drive and gear up/down.

Does anyone has the same problem or have a solution for this? Because it's really frustratating, especially when it happens in events.

Kind Regards,
Rik97
Have had this problem in windows 8 and I solved it back then with reinstall windows. Never found out what caused the minimizing of lfs and problem was always random. Sometimes happend after an hour playing or somtimes after few min.
#3 - lucaf
I remember i had the same issue with my older pc. The problem was Windows had a problem or something which was causing this minimising... It was displaying for less than a second a small window saying lfs or explorer is not responding and there was a button saying "end task" or similar. No idea how i fixed it but i think it was reinstalling windows!
Which full screen method are you using?

These two work quite differently so it may be worth trying both:

- SHIFT+F10 : Full screen exclusive mode
- SHIFT+F11 : Borderless window mode

I think the second option is better these days.
I Always used the F10 mode. And have np since reinstall years ago also now on win 10.
Quote from Scawen :
- SHIFT+F10 : Full screen exclusive mode
- SHIFT+F11 : Borderless window mode

I think the second option is better these days.

The second results in slightly more input lag, the issue is caused by windows 10, I think specifically a feature called focus assist.
Quote from racerss :The second results in slightly more input lag, the issue is caused by windows 10, I think specifically a feature called focus assist.

I never encountered the problem in windows 10 Shrug

LFS goes random to desktop screen twice
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG