The online racing simulator
New tracks
(50 posts, started )

Poll : Are new tracks needed?

Yes
No
Don't know / will post my opininon
Quote from 96 GTS :Scawen and Eric both worked on Black and White, I believe they're both in the credits. I also think they both quit thier jobs, but not 100% sure about Eric

Really!? I loved that game! Stands out of all the other boring "cheap effects for stupid masses" games!
Quote from RAYfighter :Really!? I loved that game! Stands out of all the other boring "cheap effects for stupid masses" games!

I just thought it was just that
Quote from Hyperactive :I just thought it was just that

Hmm.. do we mean the same title? *ran to googling*
Google refreshed my bad memory - kill me but I didn't mean Black&White, it was Grim Fandango, quite different story LOL...

ONTOPIC:
I am not sure how many of LFSers ever played 1NSANE, but that game is still alive thanks to the fact that community can make new tracks. While it's not simple task at all (which throws away many unpatient noobs), there were quite many gorgeous tracks made. After a while, best guys get known, and you are basically just waiting for their new tracks then. LFS tracks can't be more different from 1NSANE "maps" but I kinda feel it could work well... long years of constant fun, no matter of the age of original game.
1nsane is that "insane rally" with the beatle buggy?
deffo some new tracks would be nice !!!
I imagine it's quite an art and a science, the business of track building. A lot of knowledge required. I'm pretty new, so I can't speak for you oldies... but I would rather see the tracks we have already improved. They're good tracks, they just need a bit of polish. For eg, Fern Bay- especially the Rallycross. It's like driving around in Darwinia! The roads should be modelled to a higher degree of 'organicness'. I think if Eric worked on the modelling more, it would feel like you were on a new track. I'm sure there are potentially some great track builders here and ultimately LFS will want a good track editor to guarantee it's long term survival. But lets wait till it's done.

I imagine that both tracks and cars will be more customisable by the time S3 is finished. To have that option is better than not having that option, but opening up things too much now is a bad idea.
#32 - Lowe
I've said it before, but instead of 'tracks' where you drive around a loop, a few point to point 'roads' would be great fun.
I'd rather have improved sound before new tracks.
No new tracks yet.. A new westhill conf would be an exception tough .
drift track would ben nice
i drift track like if any one has seen it on tokyo drift ether the carpark or the track at the end of the movie
i'd like a new rally track there's only 3 and there's like 20 road tracks...don't get me wrong i like road racing, but I'm better at rally lol
Well, tracks are always welcome

Maybe a fast old-style track without "security" chicanes where we can play with LX's

And maybe somewhere to play with a Group C car
Quote from Sidewayzmaster :i'd like a new rally track there's only 3 and there's like 20 road tracks...don't get me wrong i like road racing, but I'm better at rally lol

+1 For mini fridge, I mean yes... the rally track, and not the chromed finish, 0 to -20C in 2 seconds petrol powered minifridge.
#39 - Jakg
What
The
Funk
?
!
?

ill sell you a mini fridge that makes puddles (..like your avatar) for £50 if your stupid. I mean interested, of course
i think lfs needs a good rally stage. or pissibley something such as a rally stage creator? would be fun.
Quote from Jakg :What
The
Funk
?
!
?

ill sell you a mini fridge that makes puddles (..like your avatar) for £50 if your stupid. I mean interested, of course

Does it have the specs posted in my sig?
#42 - Jakg
erm, it cools to 20 degrees below room temperature ("Normal" room tempture is 21 degrees c, so that doesn't keep it freezing!). Needs timelock thingy to stop the frost, has a chrome handle, and an England logo. Diesel can be cooled inside it, and rubber can be supplied!
Quote from Jakg :erm, it cools to 20 degrees below room temperature ("Normal" room tempture is 21 degrees c, so that doesn't keep it freezing!). Needs timelock thingy to stop the frost, has a chrome handle, and an England logo. Diesel can be cooled inside it, and rubber can be supplied!

No diesel power no offer.
If anything, I'd like to see a bigger/bettter/dedicated rallycross track as well...
I dont need a lot of new tracks, have a hard time to be good the ones we have.

But one thing I would love to have and thats a real live city. No racing track in a city, no a city with normal live going on. This is just so need
I wanna jerk it out but with the realistic physic and not that arcade crap!
I think some new lines on westhill would be good. And it doesn't need so much work, like creating a new racing enviroment.
I'm in two minds over this one. Obviously more tracks gets a big thumbs up from me. But when it comes down to whether or not I want to see player created ones...I'm not sure.

On one hand, I like the idea of being able to start with a blank canvas and make a completely new track. Placing my own hills, turns and obstacles would be pretty cool.

However, having this available in multiplayer mode would split the community even more than it already is. If every player who has an idea for a new track ran their own server, we'd have more servers than players to race on them. Also, we'd have an endless supply of variations of the 'Ring, each with it's own range of inaccuracies which would cause further arguments over whose was best and which one a particular server was going to use.
It would be near impossible to find a full grid on a public server.
I know that track licenses cost money. But have you looked too far? How about outdated tracks that are no longer used? Detroit G.P. track (f1, indy, imsa) in the streets of downtown, Belle Isle g.p. (indy,cart,toyata atlantic.) im sure theres lots of tracks like this that no longer require licencing since they haven't been used in a decade or two. Austrailia has the old f1 track etc.suggestions anybody?
isle of man perhaps? how about a super 8 oval! over under left, right 2+km with lots of speed (Stadium style would rule!) and a short track for smaller cars. From one racer to another we are the sam breed, some of us are just alittle more crazy than others and invest with their lives on the line; living our dream.
If you ask me i'm for the first option. Just look at Half Life 2 and Unreal Touranament 2004. They have had so much sucess because they are open to modding. Sure they have some crappy mods here and there but eventually you will be able to tell them apart from the good ones. I would love to see Talladega or even a trak that has a loop in it. Hey there's an idea! A hotwheels type track!
i would love to see Monza in the game on day. and it has quit alot of laouts(without chicane, old banked curcuit, etc).

New tracks
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG