Automatic Vote Enabling
(6 posts, started )

Poll :

Setting that enables vote when admins are offline
Trivial solution already exists
Don't include this setting
Don't care
Automatic Vote Enabling
When admins/mods are asleep, the social dynamics on any given server can deteriorate.
Maybe have a setting that allows an admin to tell their server to enable voting when no admins/mods are online?

What do you think?
#2 - Racon
It might be useful to have it baked into LFS, but it's doable with insim already.
#3 - 5tag
Unfortunately a lot of people can't be trusted with the power to vote. Too often have I witnessed ****s being in or forming groups to vote-kick other players just for lols.
the admin command for enabling server kick votes is /vote=yes,no

It's an easy solution if there is a packet to see if someone connets as an admin(most likely there is, I have never played around with insim so i'm unsure), just make it execute /vote=no when an admin connects, and again /vote=yes when one disconnects.

I don't see much use in coding a feature like this in the game itself, in my opinion.
#5 - Racon
Quote from nikopdr :It's an easy solution if there is a packet to see if someone connets as an admin(most likely there is, I have never played around with insim so i'm unsure),

Yes, the NCN (New CoNnection) packet has a byte that specifies if that user is admin or not (based on the correct admin password being used).
So far:
Privileged users can already turn voting on and off by doing /vote

Automatic vote=yes/vote=no could be done by adding a conditional to each of NCN and CNL event handlers in an InSim app.

Trolls abuse voting privileges.

Sounds like the ultimate solution is to leave a server if people are trolling. No features necessary!
The only reason I don't like that is attached.
Attached images
dry well.png

Automatic Vote Enabling
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG