The online racing simulator
#1 - Racon
PiranMOTO_Odo - A local InSim GPS-type odometer/distance tracker
Host, port, size, position, metric/imperial, and decimal places are all adjustable from the config file.

It's GPS-style, meaning it tracks distance moved rather than wheel rotation.

It will keep track while you pit, spec, restart and change cars or servers.

Click it to reset.

Edit: Version 1.1: now uses z coordinates; fixed bug that would sometimes track another player whilst spectating; added console echo of distance on lap and reset.

WARNING I've recently found that this exe is a resource-hog. It's an issue with the way the compiler works and not something I can fix until I can afford a paid-for compiler Frown

EDIT 2 - Version 2.0: no changes to functionality, but now built using a much better compiler - this has solved the ridiculous resource usage issue, the program now uses the minuscule amount of resources you'd expect from something so simple Thumbs up

(This program requires Visual C++Redistributable 2015 - if you don't have it installed, it is available here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-u ... oad/details.aspx?id=48145)
Attached images
PiranMOTO_Odo.jpg
Attached files
PiranMOTO_Odo.zip - 632.5 KB - 299 views
PiranMOTO_OdoV1.1.zip - 633.5 KB - 431 views
PiranMOTO_Odometer_v2.0.zip - 5.6 MB - 394 views
#2 - lucaf
Very nice! Simple as hell, and works like a charm Smile
#3 - Racon
Wee update for those who still use this to measure tracks Thumbs up
#4 - Racon
I've recompiled this now with my new compiler - v2.0 is no longer a resource-hog.
#5 - Racon
I am! I'll recompile the first version soon (I think that's the one you've got) so it runs better, then I've got an idea to solve the problem of the second Thumbs up

PiranMOTO_Odo - A local InSim GPS-type odometer/distance tracker
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG