The online racing simulator
Can't wait for Kyoto to get updated Big grin
Quote from edge3147 :Can't wait for Kyoto to get updated Big grin

I'm also hyped for Kyoto (as all the other tracks actually lol) but I can't wait for the pièce de résistance: South City. I think it will be the last one as it should be the most complex.

But I'm also wondering: is it just me or every new track so far starts to look a bit similar? I don't see the same level of track identity as before, a bit more sterile. I guess its a time constraints. Eric, I would love to hear your thoughts Smile
Quote from nacim :But I'm also wondering: is it just me or every new track so far starts to look a bit similar? I don't see the same level of track identity as before, a bit more sterile.

I think it only looks like that on the screenshots, because of the graphics overhaul - we are not used to see the tracks with this lighting and shadows.
Quote from nacim :I'm also hyped for Kyoto (as all the other tracks actually lol) but I can't wait for the pièce de résistance: South City. I think it will be the last one as it should be the most complex.

But I'm also wondering: is it just me or every new track so far starts to look a bit similar? I don't see the same level of track identity as before, a bit more sterile. I guess its a time constraints. Eric, I would love to hear your thoughts Smile

I think the level of polish contributes too. Tracks like Blackwood/Westhill/RO currently look much much better (and different) compared to SO/FE so there's a certain amount of "identity" just in the difference in resolution. Where all the tracks are getting upgraded to a relatively similar standard of quality.
Quote from nacim :...

All tracks currently shown are located in England ... Wink
Quote from Amynue :Did that area get scraped? Why was it there in the first place? Was it ever intended to be finished?

Looks to me like it was just a planned circuit that was scrapped, only to be revived later on for Westhill.
The basic layout is really similiar.

can the old layout use on new version?
awesome Smile The connections between autocross and skidpad will probably be something used alot in layouts. The only downside here really is that all the layouts will become obsolete with the update. Maybe if it doesn't differ too much in size, the layouts could still be read into the new version, or maybe someone comes up with some sort of converter.

Anyways, great job as always!
Looking incredible! Can't wait to try it out next year.
Was anyone else silently wishing an upgraded Autocross would have a disused runway on it somewhere? Big grin

I like the changes to Autocross and I'm interested to see how much of it is actually drivable.
Quote from mbutcher :Was anyone else silently wishing an upgraded Autocross would have a disused runway on it somewhere? Big grin

nice idea, wouldn't be that hard to implement also i imagine
Quote from Scawen :I think most old layouts will load in fine. The new autocross area is a few metres wider.

Comparison made by Flotch (move the slider left-right):
https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxtapose/latest/embed/index.html?uid=a8a7a2a4-0249-11e9-9dba-0edaf8f81e27

That's great news. I only made the assumption because the blackwood parking layouts seems to be wiped

Edit: Oh it seems like the Blackwood parking lot changed from BL3 to BL4 :o Now the old layouts load in fine
Quote from pärtan :Edit: Oh it seems like the Blackwood parking lot changed from BL3 to BL4 :o Now the old layouts load in fine

Renaming works if you don't need level ground, but the new car park has a slope that can ruin concrete. I can move them somewhere else if you do need the ground to be level, with a couple of caveats.
Quote from Racon :Renaming works if you don't need level ground, but the new car park has a slope that can ruin concrete. I can move them somewhere else if you do need the ground to be level, with a couple of caveats.

Ah cheers. These layouts are just normal barrier layouts so they work fine with just renaming Big grin I do miss the old ditch at the side a little bit though in all honesty Big grin
Thank you for all this time, but

I think these features are insufficient can be done with great surprises.

XR.vob XF.vob such as the model made to the game with zmodeller example: bmw m3 e36 this car as m3e36.vob to add and enter the server in the dcon file and enter our server to download and play them? Servers can add their own tools and be played by the players and the internal detail of the tools should be opened, no need to tweak any of them

You can rotate the game in a continuous loop and everyone can do the same on maps like vehicles bored with this cycle. Now it's time to get out of the loop and fix the game?

Every update made to me now comes blank

We keep turning around in the same place

Is it time to play this game open world? 10 years and changing = 0
Quote from EfsaneTosun :Is it time to play this game open world? 10 years and changing = 0

Hell yeah bro it's almost 2019, we need Battle Royale mode and loot boxes with .vob mods in them Big grinNa-naThumbs upBig grinNa-naThumbs upBig grinNa-naThumbs upBig grinNa-naThumbs upBig grinNa-naThumbs up
amazing how much improved it looks by the lighting alone. Also flotch nice job on the comparisions Smile
Quote from EfsaneTosun :Is it time to play this game open world? 10 years and changing = 0

You've only been here for 1 year though
Quote from EfsaneTosun :Thank you for all this time, but

snip

Is it time to play this game open world? 10 years and changing = 0

Yeah i'm sure the 3 devs that make this game can come up with a open world map in no time, just to please the 1% that play LFS as a drift and police chase simulator.. /s
Quote from JSHuiting :Yeah i'm sure the 3 devs that make this game can come up with a open world map in no time, just to please the 1% that play LFS as a drift and police chase simulator.. /s

Even if I mainly race, do you understand that drifters and cruisers are actually a significant portion of the player base?
Quote from Sobis :Even if I mainly race, do you understand that drifters and cruisers are actually a significant portion of the player base?

I did not know that, what a shame.
I have only one thing to say Big grin.
If LFS after this version with new updates keep updates and bring interesting news I believe that LiveForSpeed will grow!
Scawen continue great work that is falling <3

Graphics Progress Report: Autocross
(93 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG