The online racing simulator
Question about F9 mode
(11 posts, started )
#1 - lucaf
Question about F9 mode
What are those grey blocks over the temperature values and why I haven't seen them before?

They came suddenly after one small jump.
They show load on specific 1/3 of the tyre width. As you can on right side,the camber results on higher load on inside than outside,while your left front has pretty low pressure,that's why both sides have more load than middle. Or the wheel stands on some bump of track surface. Big grin

PS. No,they are always there,you just haven't noticed them before. Razz
#3 - lucaf
Quote from Eclipsed :
PS. No,they are always there,you just haven't noticed them before. Razz

They definitely are not there always. What is the logic when they decide to appear visible? Or is it my LFS Lazy interface which interferes with them?
That would be more likely that something has hidden them for you - I recall them being there as long as I paid attention what this menu shows.
They have always been there, even before the universe began to exist.
As Rony mentioned, it tells how much load is put on each section of the tyre (notice how these blocks change as you take the corner).
Agreed, they have always been there. Maybe, as you say, Lazy's interface messed it up, but not sure Smile
#7 - Racon
Very nice for working out your ideal camber/pressure for a particular corner - you can see exactly when you have dialled in nice, even load across the whole tyre.
#8 - lucaf
Okay, I admit I am getting old. Watched my youtube incar vids and the gray blocks are there. My brains suck. Now I wish I never opened this subject.
Quote from lucaf :Okay, I admit I am getting old. Watched my youtube incar vids and the gray blocks are there. My brains suck. Now I wish I never opened this subject.

Haha, don't worry, we all sometimes have moments like this Wink
Wot! I have never noticed this myself ever or knew it existed myself too. Now my brain registered it and wont be hidden anymore I guess its one of those times for eg. if u are searching your glasses for long time only to find out you are wearing them the whole time.
Quote from Tomislav531 :Wot! I have never noticed this myself ever or knew it existed myself too. Now my brain registered it and wont be hidden anymore I guess its one of those times for eg. if u are searching your glasses for long time only to find out you are wearing them the whole time.

If you wrote that seriously, it helps me a lot. I still can't believe how I had never noticed it and feeling weird about it. Im not alone Ya right Hug Rofl

Question about F9 mode
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG