The online racing simulator
Calculate G-Forces from OutSim
(23 posts, started )
Hi!

I'm trying to calculate the gForces of the car (to a Motion Platform).

The accelerations and speeds that I receive from OutSim looks like the global ones, and need some maths to get the output I need.

Any help?

Thanks a lot!
You can afford a motion platform, and want to spend time setting it up with LFS atleast buy the game LOL
#3 - gu3st
Quote from simon1234 :You can afford a motion platform, and want to spend time setting it up with LFS atleast buy the game LOL

I don't think that response is needed. I know that I'd want to try a demo to ensure it works before purchasing the game.

It's one of my biggest issues with VR games is that I have no idea how well they will play until I purchase them. Demo's would avoid that.
Good job at derailing the topic old man Simon.

Acceleration is the primary derivative of speed, or secondary derivative of displacement. I suggest you just use an approximation of it, it will be faster. But you'd need to know your time steps or the frequency at which the packets are sent. You can have the XYZ position of the car at any given moment so it's possible to calculate. My main concern is that the orientation of the forces are not relative to the car. But I assume you could always find the orientation with some vectors...
Quote from gu3st :I don't think that response is needed. I know that I'd want to try a demo to ensure it works before purchasing the game.

It's one of my biggest issues with VR games is that I have no idea how well they will play until I purchase them. Demo's would avoid that.

Come off it so he is going to go to the trouble to set up a motion simulator for a game he is not sure he likes yet.
#6 - gu3st
Quote from simon1234 :Come off it so he is going to go to the trouble to set up a motion simulator for a game he is not sure he likes yet.

That's usually why demoing a product exists? What if LFS didn't work with his motion simulator? Then he's bought a sim that doesn't work for his desired use case.

Just because a paid copy of LFS is relatively inexpensive compared to a motion platform doesn't mean that he should be expected to piss money away on a product that couldn't fulfill his needs.
But he joined in 2007 it often takes me 11 years to work out if I like a demo.
#8 - gu3st
Quote from simon1234 :But he joined in 2007 it often takes me 11 years to work out if I like a demo.

He also has 0 Kms driven online.

I've created a League of Legends account years ago but I've never played a single match. Should people treat me like I'm an amazing player because my account is old?

It doesn't do anything but drive people away when you respond in a condescending and unhelpful manner. Telling people "lol just buy the game because you can afford a motion platform" isn't a helpful response.
Heaven forbid I drive him away for another 11 years.
Quote from simon1234 :Heaven forbid I drive him away for another 11 years.

Or you give him the impression that the entire community is as combative as you and feels no desire to participate.

When people talk about LFS' community being weak/dead, it's attitudes like yours which directly contribute to that.
I don't belive he has a motion sim, And I think he plays the game more than his stats show.

But that is my opinion.

I personally pay to run an LFS team and I have paid for 5 s2 licenses for demo drivers to win.

Does that sound like somebody trying to kill LFS.
Quote from gu3st :...the entire community is as combative as you...

Says resident contrarian number 3. Not from his original account, mind, because that was banned. In the interest of future kettle-pot relations I shall feign forgetfulness as to the reason, fail to notice the image you choose to represent you, and forget entirely his character, and the character he's based on.

Simon: The noise will always enjoy and encourage the lowering of signal strength, usually under the guise of the exact opposite. You're an asset to LFS Thumbs up
Hi!

Well, I will explain better to don't have to waste time reading stuffs like @simon1234 writes. Smile

I own a company that produces simulators, and one of our products are a motion platform:

https://www.realdrivesimuladores.com/motion

The platform now supports many of the most actual games:

-rFactor 1/2
-Automobilista
-pCars 1/2 (PC and Console)
-Assetto Corsa (PC and Console)
-All Dirt's
-F1 2017/2018 (PC and Console)

But one client asked me to support LFS, and then I just remembered that I had a account in the past, that I created to try LFS, so just login with that to start the development.

In other games, I could find better documentation on the telemetry output. I don't even know if the acceleration and speeds are relative to world or to car!

More things I would need for the motion: The suspension forces, tyre grip, damage of the car, etc. Those variables are not exported to udp?

Thanks!
Looks even worse to me now your working for a client on LFS compaitability. So you are being paid yet you still use the demo.

On the plus side I was wrong about your motives motion rig looks good.
Quote from Racon :Says resident contrarian number 3. Not from his original account, mind, because that was banned. In the interest of future kettle-pot relations I shall feign forgetfulness as to the reason, fail to notice the image you choose to represent you, and forget entirely his character, and the character he's based on.

Exactly the same kind of unhelpful response that scares people away. Bringing up decayed skeletons that have been dealt with long ago, hence why this account has been unbanned for my use.
Quote from simon1234 :Looks even worse to me now your working for a client on LFS compaitability. So you are being paid yet you still use the demo.

If Scawen didn't want people to be able to use the demo with OutSim, then Outsim would be disabled to demo users.
It's easier to me just to tell him to use newer games as listed, but I'm trying to add compatibility to LFS, i think its good for me and also for the game to have more hardware compatible. He is not paying me for just this.

And as mentioned by gu3st, If the protocol is available in demo, I think it's ok for me use it.

If the problem of your life is that I use demo, I buy as many licenses you want if it works, no problem!
The video was from a old version of the platform, we are developing a new one!
Have you found this link yet: https://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/OutSim_/_OutGauge

We found this to be usefull while adding support for LFS to Fanaleds. I don't assume you need help with the maths, since they would be the same for all games right?

Btw, what are you guys using for display support on your rigs? Native game support, self-made or perhaps Fanaleds? Wink
Quote from Bose321 :Have you found this link yet: https://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/OutSim_/_OutGauge

We found this to be usefull while adding support for LFS to Fanaleds. I don't assume you need help with the maths, since they would be the same for all games right?

Btw, what are you guys using for display support on your rigs? Native game support, self-made or perhaps Fanaleds? Wink

Yes I have seen this link before, but It only tells me how to receive the data, and this I have already accomplished!

What I need is help is to understand the variables I receive, in other sims for example I receive the accel of the car related to the world, so I convert it to local accel and manipulate some vectors, than I have the g-forces for the platform.

I tried to calc LFS accels from the world perspective and also from the car perspective, and none have worked, it seems that the acceleration that I receive have connection with the angle or position of the car in the track.

There are any app or plugin for the game that shows the gforce? Than I could contact the person who did the maths to find out!

We don't have any display yet, but Fanaleds could be one direction! Send me an email (matheus(at)rdsimuladores.com) than we could talk about it!!

Thanks for the reply!
Great! Will give a shot, thanks!
I could make it work using that descriptions and the maths explained here:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=109069

Now my mission is get the suspension forces, or ride height for each wheel, (exactly the orange bars when you press F on game) to copy bumps and track details to the platform.
The outsim and outgauge doesn't export this, so there's some other way around? (Shared Memory maybe)?

(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG