The online racing simulator
#1 - lucaf
Better selling/marketing of LFS
Two things came in mind:

What I have noticed during past years, many demo users think S3 is the only option if they want to buy the game. Almost everybody is talking that "LFS costs 36£".

In my opinion, its not good idea to use the term "LFS S3" about the game. We should bring more awareness of S1 and S2 license levels. Nowadays people do not have patience to read pages, so even the license politics is described crystal clear in the Shop page, we should still stop talking about LFS S3 game, instead talking just about LFS.

Second thing: Like on some other forums, the Files section on forum should'nt be free (to demo users). It should have a payment, for example the half price of S1 license. That would encourage people to buy S1.

Also forum visibility should be restricted so that only Tehcnical Assistance and Bug Reports is accessible for Demo users, other forums either hidden or read-only.
scawen should hire you for a viral marketing campaign since you obviously knows whats best for everyone Smile
Whether Scawen should or shouldn't hire him for a viral marketing campaign is not for you to decide for someone else. Big grin
Sorry but I do not think that makes much sense.
What LFS should be bet on Marketing yes the problem is not S3, it is yes content in it, instead having a clue could have more cars and more news.
In marketing, LFS should bet more on its image, promote itself more in a way that better shows the game who does not know
#5 - lucaf
If we look at the other racing sims, they are marketed with the price of minimum configuration.

That strategy would put LFS price to 6-12£ while by default it would contain just S1 license. (As it would be obvious, that nobody buying S1 could resist the temptation to expand his license to S2 later.)

But now everybody is just talking about the price of 36£.
Initial price is 0 : demo is free and unlimited and is containing everything "locked", else than 3 cars and some BL configs, that you may "unlock" eventually if you buy S1, S2 or S3 levels !
Quote from Flotch :Initial price is 0 : demo is free and unlimited and is containing everything "locked", else than 3 cars and some BL configs, that you may "unlock" eventually if you buy S1, S2 or S3 levels !

Maybe they earn more when s1 is free for a week and then sell S1 with maybe upgrades to S2 or S3 Wink
But thats not up to us Big grin
A "free S1 weekend" offer might convince people that buying into at least S1 is a good idea. The idea being that S1 unlocks for 48-72 hours on a certain weekend so that people can play with layouts, drive other cars on new tracks and basically get people excited about what LFS can do.

I've been introduced to quite a few good games that way - EA does it every so often through Origin, and the Oculus store runs similar promotions from time to time.

Better selling/marketing of LFS
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG