The online racing simulator
Automatic Spectate at Undesired Times, Why?
I use LFS to do events. During these events I sit behind all the cockpits and watch over them. VERY often, and even more so in the last few events, a player is automatically spectated, and I do not know why.

This is while drivers are driving in the correct direction.

I used to have a button mapped on the wheel that would press SHIFT S, This was the red dial on the G29 wheel. Most people do not realize it can turn like a bottle cap, so it rarely gets pressed when people randomly mash buttons to find out what they do. I got rid of it earlier in the year, because I thought people were bumping it accidentally and kicking themselves out of the race. However, it is still happening.

I never get to see what they are doing for sure, as I have only witnessed it a few times, but the few times I saw it happen out of the corner of my eye, they do not appear to have been doing anything wrong, just driving... no mashing of the wheel, and not driving the wrong way.

This last event had a really bad instance, one lady was spectated about 5 times, in a 4 lap race.... I could see no reason why on her screen.

The only thing I can think of that is left, is a bug in LFS, maybe something to do with the auto-kick for driving the wrong way... maybe it is kicking the wrong player? maybe it is being triggered at the wrong time in the code?

Also, every now and then, somewhat rarely, a players car just coasts and behaves like the engine is shut off, but it is not.... it will not go. It is often too early to be simulated drive train damage, but I do just tell the player they blew their clutch and to press the reset button. Often this is what actually happen, but sometimes it does it for no reason....
Quote from SimulatorRental.com :The only thing I can think of that is left, is a bug in LFS, maybe something to do with the auto-kick for driving the wrong way... maybe it is kicking the wrong player? maybe it is being triggered at the wrong time in the code?

Maybe use /cruise=yes as I believe u use 1 account for all players

Do u use any insim like airio? Airio can spectate guys going off track or heavy spins speeding ignoring blue flags lagging etc. But again not sure what will happen when all players have same username.
I only use LFS itself, nothing else added to it, aside from .jpg file changes for the skins/billboards.

While they are all on the same account, they are all logged in as different users, Player01 Player02 Player03 etc...

I need to have at least 1 AI car finish the race "on-time" or players will have a never ending turn, after being spectated and put back in the race on lap 1 again. The AI is my race timer, once it finishes I end the race, and change drivers. /cruise will not allow AI.
Maybe u could use dcon and use this in script

// no/kick/ban/spec: wrong way drivers
/autokick=spec

But not sure if dcon works when no internet.

dcon has bit more options then the start host in game has. It's just me thinking how to go arround this problem. But I think it has to do with the wrong way drivers.

Edit: Can set autokick=no

Automatic Spectate at Undesired Times, Why?
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG