The online racing simulator
Hama Thunder V5
(3 posts, started )
Hama Thunder V5
Hello! I have had the Hama Thunder V5 wheel for a couple of years and it used to work flawlessly in the beginning. However after plugging it in now, it seems like it does some sort of twitching when use it. Here is what I mean by twitching - https://i.imgur.com/x12YNzD.gifv

The wheel doesn't physically twitch or move however. I've tried changing the drivers, restarting, changing position of where the wheel is located but it seems like nothing helps. To me it's either a hardware issue or the fact that i have 2 suction cups missing on my wheel as Hama Thunder V5 uses suction cups to hold it in place.

I'd be thankful if anybody gives advice on what I should do (which isn't "Buy a new wheel lol"). Thanks in advance.
Looks like a bad potentiometer to me. It's a pretty common issue for the cheaper wheels,had it on my cheap ones too. If you can open wheel and find the steering potentiometer,you can try cleaning it with compressed air. Might work. If not,physical cleaning neccesary or even replacement potentiometer.
A couple of squirts of contact cleaner into the potentiometer might also work.

Hama Thunder V5
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG