The online racing simulator
#1 - Dankx
INSTA BANS , OTHER PLAYERS DIDNT EVEN KNEW WHAT HAPPENED.
Im reporting user RobertZ3 for starting a ban vote on my FIRST LAP on a [ALM] New Formula BMW server , it was my FIRST lap, FIRST RACE , i MIGHT have braked earlier on a corner , he hits me from behind then proceeds too blame me ( he was mad because i overtook him on the straight ) then he says he was on my side ( how is it possible he was on my side and hit me when i brake ? ) anyway , he started arguing , i tried not 2 , then he starts a vote ban and tells everyone "press 1" everyone did without even knowing what went down , and i got banned , on my first lap ever on that server. So yeah , i spent money too play this game and i would like too know what can be done about this.
votebans are like 12 hours afaik so no worries
demo racers often can be really salty
#3 - Dankx
yeah i just checked his profile and he is demo , which makes me even more mad. I also heard there is nothing you can do about this type of stuff , is this true ? Players can just vote ban people for no reason and get no repercussions from it ?
Quote from Dankx :Players can just vote ban people for no reason and get no repercussions from it ?

Yes.
You must be really salty for that ban since you spammed forum with multiple replicated threads. Or just need attention.
Anyway - welcome to real world's virtual version. People sometimes are like lemmings,they're just follow others. It's just some public server,if you got banned by someone,leave it behind and join a better server,live admined preferably.
And as the smoking racer said - votebans are just for 12h.
#6 - Dankx
well im salty right now for sure , but i did not got salty with him , i even tried staying cool since it was an accident i guess and i dont like accidents in SIM racing cause it can have repercussions . The only reason i " spammed " was just so i could get an answer ASAP im about too delete the other 3 posts. Also thats the only FORMULA bmw racing server i found so thats why i got so salty by being banned , i just think he needs some karma thats all , thank you all for the info
#7 - Dankx
How can i delete the other threads btw ? Cant seem to figure it out
Quote from Dankx :Also thats the only FORMULA bmw racing server i found

Turn on to show empty servers in server list - I'm pretty sure there are still plenty of them,join one and at some point you'll be joined by others too.
Dankx:

Vote bans last for 24 hours, and only on that server. Sadly, short of speaking with the server owner, there's nothing that can be done. Best is to just find another server and move on.

I'll be cleaning up your other threads; will leave this one.
I think many peeps don't understand u need other guys to have funn Wink

But I do think it's bad when 2 3 friends claim a server and ban all that join.
He seems like a good guy seen him on the MRc server most of the night he wants to race but still learning.
ALM's server doesn't have racing rules as a requirement, and from what I see their limad team isn't the most competent in dealing with incidents quickly; which results in immature bans like that by trollers, Dankx. @simon Have you experienced it? Rofl

You should take it lightly however, these things happen. Unless an admin went on to perma-ban you, vote bans last only half a day and you should be unbanned soon. Just make sure to have enough drive time to know what to do into turn 1 and not bore the brunt of the banhammer.

There are many other servers hidden in server list like AA, MRc, B2R, FM GTi ectra that you can participate in. Don't feel sad! Smile
Well i actually met him again later on MRc and choose not too mash him , turns out he didnt even remember me lmao , its that sort of guy.
Btw why dont i ever see people racing on s1/s2 servers ? I only see people racing XFG XRG class and FBM , there so many other greater cars ,or do you have to go serrious and play those weekly qualify races ? if someone knows any active s2 racing server with active community i would aprecciate it , thank you all for giving your two cents on this
Quote from Dankx :Well i actually met him again later on MRc and choose not too mash him , turns out he didnt even remember me lmao , its that sort of guy.
Btw why dont i ever see people racing on s1/s2 servers ? I only see people racing XFG XRG class and FBM , there so many other greater cars ,or do you have to go serrious and play those weekly qualify races ? if someone knows any active s2 racing server with active community i would aprecciate it , thank you all for giving your two cents on this

I am sure if u start a server guys will join u. Many guys don't like to start servers up and there are enough combo's out there.
Quote from MicroSpecV :ALM's server doesn't have racing rules as a requirement, and from what I see their limad team isn't the most competent in dealing with incidents quickly; which results in immature bans like that by trollers, Dankx. @simon Have you experienced it? Rofl

You should take it lightly however, these things happen. Unless an admin went on to perma-ban you, vote bans last only half a day and you should be unbanned soon. Just make sure to have enough drive time to know what to do into turn 1 and not bore the brunt of the banhammer.

There are many other servers hidden in server list like AA, MRc, B2R, FM GTi ectra that you can participate in. Don't feel sad! Smile

I have not been on the server personally, but a team mate has he was threatened with ban for speedhacking LOL. Just to add I think he is still the wr holder for that combo.
Quote from simon1234 :I have not been on the server personally, but a team mate has he was threatened with ban for speedhacking LOL. Just to add I think he is still the wr holder for that combo.

That's awesome Omg omg omg

@Dank
There are drivers in S1-S3 that race, but just maybe different timezones, or different servers. Sometimes B2R's S2 server and [FM] and Rony's get filled too. Join one and wait a little, or just have fun!
Check out the [TC] City driving one server. It's always active. Has a very very active community behind it. I just bought lfs S3 license two months ago and I've spent over 80 hours on that server already.
The team [VT] servers are always up and waiting for players too. Feel free to stop by Smile
Someone knows the ALM'owner ?

Maybe it's technical issue, but this host refused my connection when it isnt full, when I've never been kicked or banned from it and when I can join others server - strange, isnt it ?

Thanx for your replies
Quote from MicroSpecV :ALM's server doesn't have racing rules as a requirement, and from what I see their limad team isn't the most competent in dealing with incidents quickly; which results in immature bans like that by trollers, Dankx. @simon Have you experienced it? Rofl

Quote from simon1234 :I have not been on the server personally, but a team mate has he was threatened with ban for speedhacking LOL. Just to add I think he is still the wr holder for that combo.

So, I create a new server with the intention that everyone can play and have fun and with the idea of not being strict and not banning everyone as it happens in your servers, and as my server is always full (apparently people like it Thumbs up) you guys come here and you begin to lie and defame against our server and our administrators who try to be as fair as possible.

It's very very sad and I'm very ashamed of your behavior.
Lexomil for everybody Smile
I have no reason to lie yes I host the MRc server's but I race anywhere that has drivers these days.
Quote from simon1234 :I have no reason to lie yes I host the MRc server's but I race anywhere that has drivers these days.

Same prospect as Simon here.

We only voice out so your server can be better. We go to servers we think are patronisable and we normally have great times there.

Problem arises when server is run without requirement of any rules. There is a difference between ignorance and fun.
For instance, a crasher ploughed through the pack in Turn 1, and then pitted and rejoined. Admin present expressed little to no action, instead opting to wait and then talk to the crasher; whom at that point had departed. Followup action was to "wait for him to return and then talk to him".
And due to the nature of the server having more newcomers, no vote was started, hence responsibility should fall to the limad on duty.

An admins duty in any team or server, no matter type, should always put player comfort and server cleaniness as top priority.. If not, this will soon turn into France Pro Crash fpc..

Part of hosting or even administrating demo servers is definitely to encourage new users to race and to remain in the community pool of LFS. However, a line has to be drawn between extreme leniency and strictness, of which your current protocol is slightly towards the lapsed side, resulting in... unfavourable race situations.

I'm sure Simon will agree with certain points here whether they are harsh or not, but we definitely hope to see better racing conditions on ALM so we can all have fun.
I apologise if my statement earlier was unclear or too blunt. Cheers.
Quote from MicroSpecV :Same prospect as Simon here.

We only voice out so your server can be better. We go to servers we think are patronisable and we normally have great times there.

Problem arises when server is run without requirement of any rules. There is a difference between ignorance and fun.
For instance, a crasher ploughed through the pack in Turn 1, and then pitted and rejoined. Admin present expressed little to no action, instead opting to wait and then talk to the crasher; whom at that point had departed. Followup action was to "wait for him to return and then talk to him".
And due to the nature of the server having more newcomers, no vote was started, hence responsibility should fall to the limad on duty.

An admins duty in any team or server, no matter type, should always put player comfort and server cleaniness as top priority.. If not, this will soon turn into France Pro Crash fpc..

Part of hosting or even administrating demo servers is definitely to encourage new users to race and to remain in the community pool of LFS. However, a line has to be drawn between extreme leniency and strictness, of which your current protocol is slightly towards the lapsed side, resulting in... unfavourable race situations.

I'm sure Simon will agree with certain points here whether they are harsh or not, but we definitely hope to see better racing conditions on ALM so we can all have fun.
I apologise if my statement earlier was unclear or too blunt. Cheers.

-"Problem arises when server is run without requirement of any rules".-
-"we definitely hope to see better racing conditions on ALM"-

Don't take this the wrong way but, who do you think you are to tell me how to manage my server?
Can you tell me why you think your ideas are better than mine?
I'm ashamed to read you giving me instructions as if you had the absolute reason.

I have been playing this simulator for the last 11 years, and in that time I've had the opportunity to see the mistakes you've made in your servers and I'm not willing to repeat them. It's disgraceful to see how you ban people just like that considering how small the community is at the present time.

By the way, it seems like you haven't been so much on my server since you haven't read the welcome message:

In a demo server like our, you don't need anything else because we are the entrance door for many new players, and it's our responsibility to make them feel comfortable and not intimidated by not knowing how to drive properly yet or for not being fast yet. We must teach them, not punish them!

To also say that although our team is almost 4 years old our main server has only been running for 2 months, (not to mention another small period last year). For that reason we are still only two people as administrators, so at some point something may escape our sight as it also happens in your servers.

While you continue with your policy of smashing the newbies and banning everyone, (causing the emptying of LFS), we will continue with ours policy respecting ALL players because we respect and love this game, and we will continue being as understanding and fair to them as anyone deserves.
Hey. I think you've mistaken my comment. I'm referring to crashers.
There is a difference between crashers and newbies.

We don't insta-ban either; like AA, MRc or any demo-based server really, we do give newbies (not crashers) chances before taking action. Most admins I know, even outside of AA, do not take overly-harsh admin actions.

I myself rarely issue any bans and even so they are extremely short if such (again, aside from crashers).

Adopting the role of Team Manager for Air Support I am very sure I know what I am doing in terms of how I approach newcomers and how to deal with bad driving behaviour. I know how to draw the line between giving chances and issuing a kick/ban, mind you.
Besides speaking to newcomers in server, giving them tips, I also encourage them to spend more time practicing offline to sharpen their skills (if they cannot stay on track).

Our new Air Support division is made up of young talent who not only strive to race better, but also to take up the challenge of learning the ropes to being an admin, and how to make correct on-the-spot decisions in a crowded server through correct coaching and mentoring.

To lessen the need for in-game conflict and misinterpretation of rules, a server itself should have clear rules - no matter how basic they may be; where's Blue Flag, Racing room, Bump drafting, and so on? Vague rules encourage rowdy driving which can negatively influence the overall experience within a server.

Then how about admin duty rules? How does one go about stopping a rouge vote-ban (like OP)? How will the admin handle a crasher?

Things like this need to be set right from the beginning so everyone can hit the ground running and not bump into problems. We wouldn't have Dankx's issue then.

Crashers however, need no introduction to bans and I don't think there should be any more leniency.

I reiterate again, crashers are not the same as newcomers/newbies.
I agree with you on almost every point otherwise.

I'm not telling and ordering you how to run your server. This is your decision to make. I can only advise on the community's behalf on how the server can be more condusive. Whether you take it as constructive criticism or negative feedback; that's up to you.

INSTA BANS , OTHER PLAYERS DIDNT EVEN KNEW WHAT HAPPENED.
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG