The online racing simulator
cant connect this morning???
(26 posts, started )
it was fine at 4 o clock this morning but now i load the pc again and its not connecting to the master server.

so i thought ok ill check to see if its still working first which i think it is but im not %100 sure

if it is then what can i check at my end to see why it wont connect to master?
Works fine here.

If you cannot connect its unlikely to be anything you can check, but more likely to be a routing problem at your ISP.

A few suggestions;
* Restart your router / modem for force a reconnection and new details
* Check your ISP's status page
Quote from the_angry_angel :Works fine here.

If you cannot connect its unlikely to be anything you can check, but more likely to be a routing problem at your ISP.

A few suggestions;
* Restart your router / modem for force a reconnection and new details
* Check your ISP's status page

thanks again
can't connect to master server either, today
Again, see reasons above. It doesnt look like the master server has dropped.
Im sorry, but i have taken all steps above, do anyone know the ip adres of the master server? so i can ping it from here, so i can see if the problem lies in my LFS install or is a dedicated network problem.
Same here, had it two days ago too, then it worked again yesterday and now i cant connect again.
cannot reply as well
Also no connection to master server. Everything else on internet works, disabling firewall, resetting router, nothing works. Had the same a few days ago, could not connect. After one day everything was solved.

Had it working for a few months without any difficulties, so this surprises me.

But now I'm again waiting to connect and got no response from LFS Tech on this, which is also a bit strange...illepall

Any ideas?
oh yeah, please if anyone no the IP from the master server...
No i dont know the IP, but if you do CMD and ping master.liveforspeed.net you can see the response time. Well, there is no response time for me now.
Oh and uhm, just in from IRC channel from Victor:

<vicc> there are a lot of .nl'ers having this problem currently
tried the PING, timeouts and 100% loss of ping. so no luck. I will ask around my dutch buddies.

IP is 82.44.126.169 btw
#13 - troy
maybe the hoster had some attacks and banned various ip ranges
had that already with several other webpages/servers
for me it looks like that because it seems like only people
out of very few countrys have problems to connect
Quote from erick.matthias :tried the PING, timeouts and 100% loss of ping. so no luck. I will ask around my dutch buddies.

IP is 82.44.126.169 btw

sorry but thats not really wise to posting the IP adress here if the above adress is from master server.
I cant ping the server as well but that could be pretty normal.Just security reason.
eh, why? If I can find it, any noob can illepall
Quote from DEVIL 007 :sorry but thats not really wise to posting the IP adress here if the above adress is from master server.
I cant ping the server as well but that could be pretty normal.Just security reason.

Everyone can ping the server, so its not normal.
Quote from MutantDesert :Everyone can ping the server, so its not normal.

Well if you cant ping some server it doesnt automaticaly mean that you have a problems.Some machine on net just dont return the ping.It has a reason sometimes.

I can connect to the master server however I cant ping it.
Well there is definately something wrong with something. Lots of Dutch people have this problem now.
#19 - joen
just a simple question:

Is that problem that you cant ping the server and as well you cant connet to the master to get the game list or the problem for some of you is just that you cant ping the master server?

If so,why is that a problem.As I said it has a reason that some servers on net dont reply to ping by answer.
Well my solution to the problem is restart the comp. If it doesn't help then... yeah.

I don't know the most about computers.
Last night blueyonder had a "bit" of a problem in several parts of the UK, including mine, which was unavailable for about 8 or so hours. Previous to this during the day there were a shit load of routing problems, etc. where by you couldnt access 3/4 of the web. It is possible that theres still some issues between your ISP and blueyonder.
just noting that the router of the master doesn't support ping, so that'll always fail.

The best (well, the only) thing you can do is a "telnet master.liveforspeed.net 80"
If it connects, it works (duh) - if not, no connection can be made. But if it connects, you should connect fine with LFS too, so it's a bit of a useless check.
I havnt been able to connect in the past 2 days.

I ahve tryed all the tips.

I miss LFS!
Quote from The General Lee :I havnt been able to connect in the past 2 days.

I ahve tryed all the tips.

I miss LFS!

have you tried re-installing the drivers for your modem?

(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG