The online racing simulator
Clutch adjustments
(9 posts, started )
Clutch adjustments
Forgive me and, by all means direct me to it if this has already been discussed.

Is there any way to adjust the pressure plate throw on the manual clutch when using an axis to control the clutch. As it is, the engagement band for the clutch is WAY to narrow. I drive stick in real life and no clutch has such a short engagement travel on the pedal.

If I can adjust this, please tell me how.

Thanks
Would adding deadzone to the axis help? Changing the range to lower amounts(or higher, if the idle position is -1000) makes the clutch engage a bit later depending on how low you put it. 0 is for 50% input.
Attached images
lfs_00000015.jpg
I'll try to mess with it when I get home. I wasn't sure how that whole set up worked and was a bit leery of messing with it. I was hoping that someone agreed with me and had "fixed" theirs so that they could tell me how to make it right.

It's just that the clutch plate engagement range is so short on my pedal. It starts to engage somewhere around 90% of fully pressed (which is kind of what I would expect) and the pressure plate to flywheel engagement is compete with about 80% of pedal press. This is such a short band.

It just grabs so quickly. In a real car, you get more clutch pedal movement from when the plate first starts to engage the flywheel until the plate and wheel are completely engaged.
Yeah, I can't figure out what those -1000/1000 numbers really do. I've tried different combinations and they only seem to limit the amount of total input my device puts in.

I was wondering if there is a way to increase the throw of the clutch so that it is more than the meager 20% it is now.

Right now, the clutch starts to disengage at about 60-70% depression and is fully disengaged by no more than 80%. This 80% number is fine but the lower number, when the clutch pedal actually starts to disengage the pressure plate from the flywheel is WAY TOO FAR up the pedal depression.

this is crazy unrealistic. I need it to start to disengage at somewhere around 30-40%.

Is there any way to move these numbers? and how is it done?
Quote from TynMahn :Yeah, I can't figure out what those -1000/1000 numbers really do. I've tried different combinations and they only seem to limit the amount of total input my device puts in.

I was wondering if there is a way to increase the throw of the clutch so that it is more than the meager 20% it is now.

Right now, the clutch starts to disengage at about 60-70% depression and is fully disengaged by no more than 80%. This 80% number is fine but the lower number, when the clutch pedal actually starts to disengage the pressure plate from the flywheel is WAY TOO FAR up the pedal depression.

this is crazy unrealistic. I need it to start to disengage at somewhere around 30-40%.

Is there any way to move these numbers? and how is it done?

-1000 and 1000 numbers mean the range from the axis start point to the end point, meaning that when you press it halfway, the current place in the axis is "0". decreasing those numbers will add deadzone depending which one you change, e.g in my case if i set the larger number to "900", it will add a 5% deadzone to the axis making it engage a bit later. you can change them by clicking on them and entering a value. Just thought it would help without having to configure stuff too much.

DXtweak should work with your problem, though.
Quote from nikopdr :Just thought it would help without having to configure stuff too much.

I appreciate your efforts. Part of the problem is me, I just can't quite get the concept (the other part is, the way the game sets the clutch up standard just doesn't seem right). In theory, I kind of grasp it, but the numbers seem so arbritary. For example, if "900" adds a 5% deadzone to the beginning of the pedal press, does 1100 add a -5%? This makes no sense.

I looked in the manual and did not find instructions on this.

I'm going to dig through it some more to see if I can find something.
Turn the clutch limit like this: -1500 and 1000. If it doesn't work, try to adjust the negative value until it worth it!
I don't think there is any way to increase the clutch-grabbing range, this is hard coded in the LFS. You can only manipulate the axis calibration limits to replicate the feel you're after.

Clutch adjustments
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG