The online racing simulator
#1 - lucaf
FFB modified after crash on track
Happened to anyone else? In last nights event I crashed on a car standing on track. After that, my ffb inverted, so it was loose in the corners, and tight on the straights. The wheel is Logitech G920. I wonder if this is a bug in the game or in the wheel sw?
Also last night: after (one of the million) crash(es that I've had Smile ) FFB became weaker, so I had to increase the value while racing.

It happened before, so I suspect it's in the program, suspension values got different and thus the steering got lighter. But it never got inverted, so far Smile
#3 - o000o
I have a problem of windows drivers taking control of my wheel when joining the track from the pits or spectate, at restarts or just randomly during a race. I notice it has happened when the ff goes weird or the wheel goes off center. Pressing shift + c ingame resets the controller, and switches it back to LFS.
Whenever I leave the window of lfs and come back, my wheel comes off centre so that it the wheel is at about a 50° angle and the game thinks its straight. Also, when this happens, the wheel does not turn 1:1 with the in game wheel.

I thought it was a problem with my wheel but I guess maybe you might have same problem.
About that: when I open LFS fullscreen, then plug the wheel in, it doesn't respond unless I go windowed mode. So it has been a routine for me for years to go to window mode and back to fullscreen and then I press all three pedals a few times for LFS to calibrate them (wheel is calibrated automatically).

(G25 wheel, latest profiler, Win7)
#6 - lucaf
Quote from sermilan :
It happened before, so I suspect it's in the program, suspension values got different and thus the steering got lighter.

That sounds actually nice feature, that you feel the damage in the wheel. That is how I took that, just for keeping up the motivation to continue driving. So I keep on repeating to myself "its just realism". The sequence of T3 and T4 was anyway so weird to steer with that behaviour.
#7 - o000o
You can turn up/down or off force feedback using the , and . keys (non shifted < and > keys)
#8 - Racon
Quote from lucaf :That sounds actually nice feature, that you feel the damage in the wheel. That is how I took that, just for keeping up the motivation to continue driving. So I keep on repeating to myself "its just realism". The sequence of T3 and T4 was anyway so weird to steer with that behaviour.

I get damage-knobbled ffb at some point every Friday in bangers... I hate it when it happens, but I love that it happens (if that makes any sense Smile ). Quite the challenge to get your munged car to the line sometimes, even on a 15 second lap Big grin

FFB modified after crash on track
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG