The online racing simulator
anti-cracked theory ?
(31 posts, started )
@Racon If anybody knows anything about cracking LFS it is Skinzinho. Wink
Quote from TheNoobisonFire :So can someone fill me in as to why you all like to defend the Developers so much. I mean they're trying and all but its been 10 whole years... I raised 2 kids in that time.

Anyways...To the subject at hand.

City Car Driving uses their own activation thingy that's pretty basic. Its actually quite hard to "crack" into it as most ones that promise to are just viruses.

In my opinion this conversation isn't really necessary because if you weigh in this issue with others, i'm pretty sure others surpass the amount of attention needed. But carry on

Also Skinzinho did nothing wrong. All he did was state very good information to the tread. if arguing is "acting like a 6 year old" then you obviously never heard of consumer criticism. I've seen worst comments from 2K customer service this is nothing to that forum.

P.S. Miss you Cargame.nl

*Because we're on their forum so we can't say anything bad and everything the developers say is correct.*

That's how it is on every forum, what makes this one different is if one set of group believe one thing then no one else can be right if they think something else - if everyone defends/agrees with the developers then no one else can say anything without being shunned upon by others.

I have nothing against the developers here, but I definitely don't agree with all their decisions; at the end of the day we're humans so everyone believes and wants different things. One thing to note is: LFS isn't a AAA game, it's an indie project that isn't the main priority for the developers - so I understand why it doesn't have as much support and updates as people want/expect.

P.S. City Car Driving is easily cracked, they have silly anti-piracy triggers that can be NOPed out in minutes by anyone with basic debugging knowledge can do. The Steam version is even easier, since you can just use a Steam Emulator and a few extra DLLs (that the game looks for to check if your copy is legit or not) to circumnavigate the triggers (rather then patching the exe for every update). If people are getting viruses when trying to pirate a game then I suggest they use a bit of common sense lol
The thread is boring and useless.
-
(TheNoobisonFire) DELETED by Scawen : a spam post and a reply to the spam post
-
(BeNoM) DELETED by Scawen : a spam post and a reply to the spam post
Quote from Scawen :I'm not sure how many times I will need to repeat that I do intend to encrypt the master server protocol to improve security. Maybe if I say it 100 times, you will believe me? I expect not - you'll only believe it when you see it. Well, that is fine, but you don't need to keep making negative comments about how the devs don't seem to care about piracy and so on.

In that case, the devs don't care about physics. The devs don't care about graphics. The devs don't care about tracks. The devs don't care about cars. Yes, we do, and we are working on them, but it takes time. I'd be grateful if you could learn a little patience, and understand that YOUR priority does not rank about everyone else's priorities.

Each time one person goes on about their own personal priority, we can't just stop everything else we are working on, just to try and shut you up. Please, be a bit more mature and have some PATIENCE!

Just want to get my 2 cents on this topic, even if you don't see this.
Gabe Newell said on record that the problem with cracking games is not because they are expensive, the problem exists because the service provided/ product does not justify the cost for it.
What i mean with this is, the crackers are not something to be worried with (to the scale people are making) because if the game is good, people will buy it without feeling ripped off.

In sum, keep developing the game, make it as good as it has ever been, when the time comes, advertise it on social platforms, or sell it on a wider market (if well implemented, steam can be a good option)
Hackers most of the time want to check if the game is worth their money, witch is understandable as long as they keep stuff offline.
Quote from krakilin12 :Just want to get my 2 cents on this topic, even if you don't see this.
Gabe Newell said on record that the problem with cracking games is not because they are expensive, the problem exists because the service provided/ product does not justify the cost for it.
What i mean with this is, the crackers are not something to be worried with (to the scale people are making) because if the game is good, people will buy it without feeling ripped off.

In sum, keep developing the game, make it as good as it has ever been, when the time comes, advertise it on social platforms, or sell it on a wider market (if well implemented, steam can be a good option)
Hackers most of the time want to check if the game is worth their money, witch is understandable as long as they keep stuff offline.

You must be new here. The cost problem has already been adressed, or at least time has been given to it and stuff's been tried. I wouldn't dare and say anything regarding its efficiency, I don't have any statistics to look at. Add to that the unorthodoxal nature of certain resellers, who were one of the bridges to solving the cost problem.

The developpers said many times they won't put LFS on steam. Personnally, I do believe it's a shame and I hardly see any good reason not to from a marketing standpoint; however know that the current demo/license system is hardly compatible with the overall customer climate instilled within the steam community. Sure, we, people who already play LFS, won't have any problem with it, but things might go otherwise to the new, uninformed, customer. So that's one thing that would need to be amended. Then there are the beliefs of the devs.
As for advertising in itself, currently the idea is that the community can do that by themselves. In other words they don't really care about this part of the spectrum.

By the way, nice necroposting.
Quote from TwinySkyline :You must be new here. The cost problem has already been adressed, or at least time has been given to it and stuff's been tried. I wouldn't dare and say anything regarding its efficiency, I don't have any statistics to look at. Add to that the unorthodoxal nature of certain resellers, who were one of the bridges to solving the cost problem.

The developpers said many times they won't put LFS on steam. Personnally, I do believe it's a shame and I hardly see any good reason not to from a marketing standpoint; however know that the current demo/license system is hardly compatible with the overall customer climate instilled within the steam community. Sure, we, people who already play LFS, won't have any problem with it, but things might go otherwise to the new, uninformed, customer. So that's one thing that would need to be amended. Then there are the beliefs of the devs.
As for advertising in itself, currently the idea is that the community can do that by themselves. In other words they don't really care about this part of the spectrum.

By the way, nice necroposting.

you are correct, i am new here.
this type of selling the game could be easily implemented on steam, the s packs can be considered dlc, i know that steam takes a considerable amount of the profits, but if done correctly, putting the game on steam could be a way to sprite it back to life.
as for the tf2 conundrum, opening the game to new people is never a bad idea, sure, we can get a worse online experience, but we have servers that already work to make the crashers get insta kicked, and i have seen servers where you can actually crash other people, because that is the objective.

take i racing for example, it is on steam, bit weird i know, but i dont hear about it ruinning the experience, granted, it is a more serious nature sim, aimed for "true" simracers, the point with this being that they sell the licence on steam for 10€, but you still buy the content on their shop, like rfactor2 does with the cars they have (i do not agree with that business model tho".

thx for the reply, and if im correct, necroposting is posting on an old thread?

anti-cracked theory ?
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG