The online racing simulator
Some chat management?
(5 posts, started )
#1 - lucaf
Some chat management?
How about if admin could configure during races only cars on track can use chat? (or even opposite, dunno why, but why not). In some race events there is a rule that spectators should not chat. So far this has not been possible to configure into the game.

Then someone asks: what if after crash driver specs, and he is not able to say sorry or something, because he cannot anymore chat after spec. Maybe there could be a max number of words/characters a spectator can use in chat, to overcome that kind of issue? Or driver could chat N-seconds after spec?

I know this is not top priority suggestion, but I think this could be very easy and fast to implement. I searched old messages if there is similar suggestion, but didn't find one exactly like this.
#2 - Racon
Quote from lucaf :In some race events there is a rule that spectators should not chat. So far this has not been possible to configure into the game.

We can see who's on track with insim, and warn/kick/ban if they chat when they shouldn't. Mute would be friendlier I guess Smile
#3 - delis
The chat messages can be distracting while in race, but I don't find it hard to block chat messages by clicking 2 times Num"-" (if I'm not mistaken, as last time I raced was a long while ago). Yes, you can miss some messages from event organizers but for that they should always use /msg function so everyone can see their messages.
Quote from delis :block chat messages by clicking 2 times Num"-"

It's actually single press of minus sign to block chat messages. Or Shift+minus to block all messages (not just chat but also all joining/spectating/admin messages via /msg and also insim messages).
Quote from delis :last time I raced was a long while ago

You lazy ass! Razz
#5 - lucaf
Quote from delis :The chat messages can be distracting while in race, but I don't find it hard to block chat messages by clicking 2 times Num"-" (if I'm not mistaken, as last time I raced was a long while ago). Yes, you can miss some messages from event organizers but for that they should always use /msg function so everyone can see their messages.

I think you missed my point, but nevermind.

Some chat management?
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG