The online racing simulator
#1 - nimco
LFS ambient shadows from original layout objects
Hello everybody.

I am new here. And I would like to propose you quick texture mod for better visual recognizing of objects position on the track.

Would be nice if developers will find it very attractive and I personally will be super happy if they can include own shadows into official.

Here the video about how it works.

https://youtu.be/BCwEh_cB2t0

#3 - nimco
Oh, that looks like a good news btw. That will be awesome. But I believe that new type of drop shadows can and should work with ambient shadows together.

My proposal maybe not about adding only shadows but about additional marks on the track to make it less flat visually and more alive. Keeping tires marks and so on.
#4 - nacim
Nice idea. But I think that you have can be mostly replaced by SSAO (SSAO won't be perfect, but it's fully dynamic). Wink

SSAO example (MXAO by Pascal 'Marty McFly' Gilcher):

#5 - nimco
That's right Nacim. LFS needs to have new graphic engine because people needs LFS physics.
#6 - nacim
Quote from nimco :That's right Nacim. LFS needs to have new graphic engine because people needs LFS physics.

It doesn't needs a "new" graphics engine, just progressive improvements to the current one, which is exactly what Scawen tries to do. He added reflections, basic post processing and shaders, and now he's doing cascaded shadow mapping and specular lighting on some objects.
#7 - nimco
Quote from nacim :It doesn't needs a "new" graphics engine, just progressive improvements to the current one, which is exactly what Scawen tries to do. He added reflections, basic post processing and shaders, and now he's doing cascaded shadow mapping and specular lighting on some objects.

Lets see. I can only support any improvement of the game.
Can you upload the shadow files? I'd like to use this in-game.
#9 - nimco
I don't really know how to do it here. Can send it via e-mail if you are interested.
From what I have seen,seems like you have modified dds file(s) - you can attach it to your post when in full editor mode.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG