The online racing simulator
Logitech G27, a few degrees off-centre
Hi

I bought an used G27, this issue stays, doesn't get worse, and doesn't go away, no matter if I use the wheel on PS3 or on PC.

While driving you can feel the FF motors "catching" the centre in a wrong place. If not for that, it could be ignored by just slightly adjusting the grip - one hand a little lower, the other a little higher and it would be easy to forget about the issue. Unfortunately as I wrote, FF is off-centre as well and it's annoying.

I've googled a lot but there are hundreds of videos/threads about centering issue, but those are about the optical encoder problem, where it doesn't calibrate till the end at all or goes increasingly worse over time, so I think my issue is unrelated.

I want to know either how to fix it or is it a low quality of factory manufacturing/design which Logitech sees as within the norm to call the unit "OK".
It's been my third Logitech wheel now. Every single one had some calibration issues eventually. I will fix or get rid of it and start saving up for T300RS, either way any info will be very useful. Thanx in advance
#2 - lucaf
Have you tried to steer full to the left, then full to the right? I need to do that every time I start driving LFS, otherwise my wheel centering sucks (I have G29)
@lucaf

Hi, sure, but as I said, this is happening in all games, on both PC and PS3. I hope someone here had similar issue and can shed some light on this
#4 - lucaf
Ok. In general, most of common technical problems solved by someone, can be found in youtube. Did you try put words G27 CENTERING in youtube search box? It gives at least four video promising fix for centering issue.
Yes, as I said, there's a ton of threads and videos, but all I found are about optical encoder and plastic wheel damage or being losen, with effects like:
- wheel progressively loses center while playing
- doesn't calibrate at all
- turns all left and stops there

My issue probably has other cause, since the effects are very different to those I listed.
#6 - Racon
Could it be that the previous owner repaired something and put the wheel back together wrongly? Presumably there's some kind of splined connection between the moving and static parts of the wheel that it's possible to mis-align.

I've got a flaky downshift on my DFGT, but I've not taken my wheel apart yet for fear of doing something like that or breaking something else.
Quote from Racon :Could it be that the previous owner repaired something and put the wheel back together wrongly? Presumably there's some kind of splined connection between the moving and static parts of the wheel that it's possible to mis-align.

That's what I suspect as well, but I found (IfixIt site) instructions about how to take it apart and there's a warning about being super careful with disassembly and re-assembly. Then on one other forum I found a post that if you do it wrong, it will be a huge problem to make it work again.
I'm not that good in such things, as we say here "I've got two left hands". I repaired my stuff properly most of the time, but I also damaged some costly things like PS2 laser pot in 2001. I don't trust myself Wink
If I knew it is the culprit, I'll give it a try, but I don't want risking damaging it further while just trying to see if maybe it is the cause of the wheel malfunction. My gaming budget is tight, I'd rather sell the wheel than turn it into a brick Wink

Surely there are people who had exactly the same issue. Those Logitech wheels are not durable at all. I'll just have to find a person who knows, if not on one forum, then on another.

(don't get me wrong here, I'm grateful. Thank you for your advices and time! Smile )

Logitech G27, a few degrees off-centre
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG