The online racing simulator
The New LFS should be 64 bit and based of Vulkan to be ready for the future
To make LFS ready for the future should it be based of Vulkan https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulkan_(API) instead of directx. Maybe it can run then on all 64 bit platforms like Linux, Android and Mac. Windows 10 OEM is not so expensive for getting a 64 bit Windows.

And it should be ready for UTF-8.
#2 - nacim
Vulkan would break all compatbility with older hardware, so I think you shouldn't count on it for now, without even talking about the time it would need to change a graphics API (plus Vulkan is way harder to develop for than DX9, so it needs a lot of work to learn it and make it worth it).

Implementing Vulkan in remplacement of DX won't magically make it cross platform compatible, it's only a first step. Graphics API aren't the only thing that lock a program to an OS.

64 bits executable would be nice if correct optimisations are used with it, because without them, I don't think it will magically help with performance. It could still have both exes for a while.
What about, and this is a wild idea... OpenGL :o
Vulkan is better than OpenGL, and i guess i suggested this already in another thread. But i guess the code can't be automatically converted. Therefore i guess LFS will stay at DirectX. But thats not a big problem. Windows is still the best OS. Android is still a Playground and Linux is just good for Open Source Software. And LFS don't need to be on Steam.

But LFS need more commercials for more players. Only a few Players are every day online. And there are no racing servers with much players everyday online. Sometimes is a event. Thats not enough.

The New LFS should be 64 bit and based of Vulkan to be ready for the future
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG