The online racing simulator
gRally early access on Steam now
(8 posts, started )
Edit: This does not look promising at all. Don't waste your time.

gRally on Steam

Quote :gRally is an Indie project born of the passion of the rbr-online team crew.
With its slogan #DreamExperienceBelieve the team has put full faith in this product, the fruit of hard work in free time, wich it now offers to entire community of rally simmers.

gRally is not in a position to have official licenses at the moment and its starting point is a limited number of racing cars.

gRally, considered its Indie character, is modding-oriented. We developed integrated Unity tools that will facilitate the insertion of your creations, whether it be additional cars or tracks.

gRally has the same basic ideas of rbr-online, so expect exceptional doses of adrenaline during online session where one can compete against a host of players around the world.

gRally is abreast with all new gaming hardware: VR, TrackIR and multiscreen. It is possible to use the most popular brands of steering wheels and a vast number of home-made hardware devices.

gRally recreates the range of real rally conditions that drivers must face, including various type of surface and climate as well as different times of day and night.

gRally places much importance on the co-driver's role: you can choose different codrivers by language and as in a real rally it will be possible to realize real recce to set down customized pacenotes in order to achieve a higher degree of driving confidence and speed.

gRally is constantly evolving and has need of your support to improve ever more day by day.

Pushing us slightly closer to the RBR-replacement that never comes?

Sim Racing Paddock test.
https://youtu.be/smQuQswOQJo?t=1024

TLDR: They see the framework for a decent game but.........
Physics are good but there is lot's that needs fixing ATM.

And later in the test.
https://youtu.be/smQuQswOQJo?t=1928

Like some other games (cough) 8 years of development doesn't seem to have achieved a great outcome. Watch the full review and see if those raised questions can be answered.

Sorry but I'll leave buying (Like S3) till I see some further progress. RSRBR is still the go to for me.

(I'd really love to see a sim that get's close to RBR, it was released in 2004 and to date no rally sim has come close to this 13 year old classic.)
Quote from Racer X NZ :Sim Racing Paddock test.
https://youtu.be/smQuQswOQJo?t=1024

It's funny how Sim Racing Paddock was mad over a calibration issue which, while really annoying in driving, is programmatically minor.

Edit: Nah. That was more than a calibration issue.
#5 - Racon
The car model looks ten year old, the LODing of the trees is laughable, tire marks float 5 cm over the ground, sound is like pre S2 LFS, codriver voice sounds like a physics teacher on valium, physics look ..weird

...nothing worthy to invest into or simply buy

...the steering wheel looks like the lowres version of one I made recently funnily enough

..took me three hours from scratch..
Are there any other failed indie rally sim projects that claim to be RBR2 wannabe? If my memory serves me right a few years ago there was a demo where you could drive a Lada rally car on a tarmac stage. It's definitely not gRally because both the graphics and the audio were better than what gRally has right now.
Quote from Keling :Are there any other failed indie rally sim projects that claim to be RBR2 wannabe? If my memory serves me right a few years ago there was a demo where you could drive a Lada rally car on a tarmac stage. It's definitely not gRally because both the graphics and the audio were way better than what gRally has right now.

That was Pannonia Rally. It was created by Dimension Technics but they moved to the mobile game market and never finished Pannonia Rally.

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG