The online racing simulator
S2 licenses
(92 posts, started )
#1 - kirmy
S2 licenses
The only thing i want at the moment is an s2 license, but because my mum refuses to let me use her credit card, i cant get one is there a way to get a license an easier way or does somebody have a license which i could repay over many installments, thanks
#2 - kirmy
or is there a way of getting a license without using money but some sort of other means
There are many methods of payment, so you have many options. Just look in LFS main site. Otherwise, you can get one of those rechargeable credit cards that support Visa Electron payments, put the money you need on that account (and no more) so your mum's money won't be at risk. If she's okay with you buying LFS with your money, I think she will agree with the usage of a rechargeable credit card that won't harm her account.
As I don't have a credit card, I made a rechargeable one with the Italian postal system just to pay LFS. I bet you have the same options in your country. It took fifteen minutes, for me.
#4 - kirmy
the reason why she wont let me use her credit card, and i really didnt want to mention this is because my family is in debt
Sure there is none of us use money anymore pift!. Prehaps organise a payment system with a friend that has paypal or something? Save up the money? Put it in the bank maby you can do Internet banking? I don't know how PayPal works but you might be able to internet bank money over to them?

What do you mean "By some other means".
#6 - kirmy
i dont know really, just without money
What part of the country are you in? If you're local then a certain amount of installments might work with me. Do you have any other ways of paying for stuff? e-banking? A cheque book? Being UK based it'll be reasonably easy to find a way for me to help.

Can't just buy you one as I've just spent £700 on racing stuff. Bleh!
#8 - kirmy
i'm 15 years old, i dont have a bank account
Quote from kirmy :the reason why she wont let me use her credit card, and i really didnt want to mention this is because my family is in debt

In fact you shouldn't really mention this, because it won't solve the issue. Many persons have difficulties finding the money they need for LFS. For some of us, it's not a problem, especially for those who live in wealthy countries and don't have difficulties finding the money they need. The world may be unjust, sure, but believing a charitable attitude could solve a minor problem of yours (such as having a software license) isn't the right path. You won't go far with that attitude, because most likely you'll only have problematic answers. I'm afraid you're on your own. Good luck.

Edit: oh yes, I forgot about Tristan's helping hands
or any of the e banking stuff
what your saying is right i shouldnt say that but im only speaking the truth, and sometimes the truth hurts lol
Job?
yup i have tried many places for a job, but because i live on such a big estate all of the newsagents have paper boys and so on
Hmmmm, okay... this could be harder.

Lets assume I buy you a licence. I live in Norwich, Norfolk (the sticky out bit on the right of England as you look at a map ith up being North ). How would you propose that you pay me back. If there is a way, even if it's kind of complicated, then we can work it out. If there is no way to pay me back then I'm afraid I can't help for a few months. Maybe in the New Year if I'm feeling generous.
yes but what methods could i use to pay you bak
No offence but if you dont have any money how are you going to?
i'm sure i could manage to pay it bak, just not like all at once
You know what we should have don't you?, a LFS license slush fund, we all chuck a £1 into a bucket, then when someone comes along, they under go some sort of test, I don't know what, and if they are deemed worthy of a license it gets paid for out of the slush fund.

Just an idea, I wouldnt mind chucking a £1 in, heck I would even buy this person a license if I had any idea who/what/why they are etc etc.......

Dan,
that is a really good idea
They don't have postal money orders over there?
I'd get you a voucher, but I'm short on cash and already have given one to someone else on the forum, so unless everyone here keeps being cheap, I might get you one (or 1/2, if S1 vouchers are still for sale) in a while.
If you have no luck you can always get a bank account and internet banking (Both free), and put money in there and save up.
Quote from danowat :
Just an idea, I wouldnt mind chucking a £1 in, heck I would even buy this person a license if I had any idea who/what/why they are etc etc.......

???
Kirmy, the thing is that just about anyone can come up here and pretend they are in your situation.
And it seems they do have postal money orders in the UK, so that's that part of the problem solved.
good point, but a little harsh
Quote from kirmy :???

Well, think of it like this, you turn up here, and after a few months and 24 posts you ask for someone to buy you a license.

I looked into your contribution to the forum, and they is nothing of note, I don't know who you are, what you intend to do with the license or anything, if I saw anything of use to the community/sim in general I wouldnt hesitate, but as it is I see nothing.

Dan,

S2 licenses
(92 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG