The online racing simulator
Quote from taipalsaari :45 degree for XRT is just unnecessary, not to mention more power.You can already do a lot of things with normal XRT in LFS, its all up to how you set your car (setup).If OP wants easymode cars then go play assetto corsa.

Pointless comment, what he wants is a proper car for powersliding and not low-HP momentum drifting like the people do with the XRT.

That's just like saying the BF1 is pointless because you already have the FBM, it literally makes no sense...
Quote from BeNoM :Pointless comment, what he wants is a proper car for powersliding and not low-HP momentum drifting like the people do with the XRT.

That's just like saying the BF1 is pointless because you already have the FBM, it literally makes no sense...

Quote from DJFNOW :Said on this tire model. More power and angle = popped tires in half lap. I firmly believe that there are much more important suggestions out there.

If you want to feel power with 45 throw tweak on it and you'll see without physics update we will be skating instead of drifting.

As for driving faster, it is about that. More speed = more angle. Now that we have 45 take your time and get sick with it.

Sorry for coming off as "bitchy" but without physics update more power is simply a joke. (Let's not forget this is the best feeling sim still today)

What you originally stated and the comment you quoted are nothing alike, but good try though...
Yeah because I have to say the same thing in every post right

You said a proper car is needed and not a low-HP car. So im just quoting DJFNOW's post where he says why you cant have it.
The stupidity is over 9000! Ya right Omg omg omg
Nice memes, atleast now I know of something you are good at.
247hp is a lot for 40mph drifts around autocross. It'd be easier to link the bigger sections on Kyoto and such if tire heat wasn't broken.

If the XRD became part of S3, what type of suspension would you want under it?
Scawen gave the answer or not?
WE really (drifters from real life) wants the simulator whith can give a lot of settings (Tyres width, rims height, horsepower (turbo boost) and e.t.c Tyres width is most important for powerful cars. For example I think that now LFS looks like incomplete simulator for drifting. I know that LFS is more for race circuit, but drifting is also important for us.
Anyway, you can realise our dream partially.
I know minimum 9 pilots which playing in LFS with steering wheel controler. They drifting in real life in international championships.
Seriously this is crap idea. I would rather have new car to drive than this shitty XRD addon which I wont even use. Cmon guys think trough!!! Like its same car and slitghly different bodyshell. Would you rather xrd or v8 mustang... thats what I thought GG
Quote from vitamin9611 :Scawen gave the answer or not?
WE really (drifters from real life) wants the simulator whith can give a lot of settings (Tyres width, rims height, horsepower (turbo boost) and e.t.c)

So we already have eternal Tyre Physics update coming in a aeon, and you want to complicate it even more? That will just delay things even more.

Tbh this idea is useless. Why make a total NEW car that looks identical to the XRR or XRT with just a tiny bodykit, a bit more powerful engine just to be Drift-exclusive? And in the other hand we have outdated af cars (UF1-UFR, LX4-LX6, RB4, FXO-FXR, FZ50-FZR, MRT) left to die. I'd rather focus on reworking these cars first.

Quote from Tomislav531 :Would you rather xrd or v8 mustang... thats what I thought GG

None of these two will be added anyway. At least "Officialy", if not via Mod Support (if it will even be a thing).
Quote from Ibtasim6781 :So we already have eternal Tyre Physics update coming

First we got visual update, Tyre physics jump for a "plan B"

People do a small suggestion with car already on LFS because looks impossible having new cars...we dont need a new car,WE NEED NEW CARS FOR EVERYONE(Drift/Race/Rally).you have more cars for racing than us for drift. isnt our fault you just drive with XFG/XRG/FBM and zero laps on s2...
Quote from Abone :First we got visual update, Tyre physics jump for a "plan B"

People do a small suggestion with car already on LFS because looks impossible having new cars...we dont need a new car,WE NEED NEW CARS FOR EVERYONE(Drift/Race/Rally).you have more cars for racing than us for drift. isnt our fault you just drive with XFG/XRG/FBM and zero laps on s2...

1). Who said I don't drive on s2 cars/tracks? Just because I don't do PBs/upload Hotlaps doesn't mean I don't drive them.
And what's the problem if I normally race with XFG/XRG/FBM? I'm not allowed to? Because I'm S2 it means Im forbidden to drive these cars anymore? Am I part of the S2 elitism and I didn't realize?.

2). Sure, because we need to cover Tyre Physics, so we throw the "Graphical Overhaul" tarp over it and everyone is happy. This tale is pretty known to me

3). I'm not against adding new cars, but what's the point of adding more and more XR variants when the rest of cars are just there, begging for an update? XRG for starters, XRT is enough for drift, FZ50 if you feel extreme.

Why do you think XFG, XRG (adding FBM) and Blackwood were reworked? To make Demo "prettier", but then you buy S1/S2/S3 (except for ROckingham) and find out you have Minecraft cars available. It should have been reversed, updated S1/S2/S3 content instead of Demo. But I don't blame them, Eric is working like a carbon mine slave and nobody to aid him and make things faster.

4). Not my problem LFS was designed to be a Racing sim but ended up being a cruise & drift sim. Go blame the game, not me.

5). I'm not saying the ideas depicted here are bad and/or shouldn't be implemented, I like the idea of a XRT and XRR crossover. But IMO LFS devs should focus on updating the EXISTING content to match the actual standards before adding more things.
Quote from Ibtasim6781 :1).

I mean you dont use these cars online for do a single lap in any track...yes you can drive on TC servers,Drift servers,etc..but have no sense to me you have s2 and just racing on demo. elitism? you feel alone dude?
I blame no one, you come here blame a suggestion because have other cars "left to die".No worries ,Devs knowing well what they do.
Im sorry whats the point on adding new content if old one isnt even updated yet. First whole tracks and cars need to be updated then graphics and physics or vice versa.
Quote from Abone :I mean you dont use these cars online for do a single lap in any track...yes you can drive on TC servers,Drift servers,etc..but have no sense to me you have s2 and just racing on demo. elitism? you feel alone dude?
I blame no one, you come here blame a suggestion because have other cars "left to die".No worries ,Devs knowing well what they do.

1). As I already said above, just because I don't join race servers regularly doesn't mean I dont race/practice alone, even if I didn't upload Hotlaps nor made PBs.

2). I never blamed on this suggestion. As I already said above, its not a bad suggestion, but its best to focus on what we ALREADY have.

•First time I heard about this "Graphical Overhaul" they were working last year, I was semi-hyped. But I can't expect too much (which I'd really like to be proven wrong when the update arrives). Devs let Speculation run free, which obv makes people's hopes back onto LFS, and then the update is just shadows for the 2D by-standers off-track. Worst thing you can do is to feed the Speculation Monster and let it run free, specially here in LFS.
There isn't any actual fact, it's all speculation on what Scawen posts about. Just by saying "Im working on it" doesn't prove anything.

•Never any pictures, a teaser video, News Report. Only Words on a random post isn't enough, and the only News Reports we had lately were only changelogs disguised as News, never a real "progress report". Last teaser video I ever saw from LFS was about the Rustywagen Rustyrocco. Saw it back on 2010, even if the video is from 2008. The next video is from FBM testing, made in 2007, but published in 2014, Westhill update, and a random rally stage driving on WST and that's it. I sincerely don't expect VWS to be ever released.

•Better have some updates this year tbh. I'm getting a bit tired of waiting for something that never comes, yet its the only sim I can really enjoy driving/racing/drifting/w-e on, and I always end up coming back, despite the fact updates are rare.

•FFS, devs are god freaking damn lucky a 10-year game with slob updates still can fill up servers. When these servers left (both big and small) start leaving, we can officialy say bye bye to LFS. Also car mods is the other reason some people still play it.

•Improvement Suggestions is just a subforum to post whatever cross your mind, because devs don't even bother posting on it. Is it that hard to clean it up a bit, with at least an Archive?.

•"I feel the new graphics is just a covering to pull wool over us, that the new physics is not even in the final stages of build. Yes, Tyre Physics may or may not be on its way out in the future, but when? Will there even be a market or consumer group left to experience the physics when it gets released?";

•"Tracks are coming. The only light at the end of this absurdly long tunnel"
But I will sure be seen as a bellend because I'm blunt and sharp with my words as always, and this post deleted because being blunt is a very bad thing.

I try to be optimistic, but at the same time im Realist about it, which is why I don't keep my hopes up with this sim anymore.
Quote from Ibtasim6781 :

1) - I answer above...

2) - "but its best to focus on what we ALREADY have".no... are supposed to be focused on what we do not have,Devs know well their priorities. Scawen writing for us times enough to understand how he can ,want work ,without made false expectations, you just have to understand and enjoy or no LFS like he is.
looks like you figure out this now ,you no need writing "Bible" about something i know well.
Quote from Ibtasim6781 : But I don't blame them, Eric is working like a carbon mine slave and nobody to aid him and make things faster.

Many players who know this, and have the experience (in 3d modeling, coding or project promotion) of wanting to help developers, even for free, but Skawen ignores all requests to help them...
I do not even know how not to blame them...
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :

+1

Quote from Aleksandr_124rus :
I do not even know how not to blame them...

I blame you first, when i see more honesty in Devs than in players like you.You are a tipical user coming into forum talking always about "requests", maybe the only legal thing you do.In pratical you just playing on crack versions around years...
Quote from Abone :without made false expectations

Just like Tyre Physics and VWS you say? If those aren't false expectations, then I don't know what you understand about "false expectations" or what "false expectations" even means.

Quote from Abone :you just have to understand and enjoy or no LFS like he is.

I do understand LFS and that devs have a life behind it, but at this point you can't leave LFS to die, and the least thing you want is to cut any communication/support with the few people that still play this sim.

2018 is here and I can asure you I'm tired of waiting for something that never comes. If I could play other race sims (limited by hardware) I'd have done so time ago.
Quote from Ibtasim6781 :Just like Tyre Physics and VWS you say? If those aren't false expectations, then I don't know what you understand about "false expectations" or what "false expectations" even means.

7 years before you buy LFS... "false expectations" are not for me(and you), when i buy LFS some updates coming (slowly ,but well done) and i still having this simulador for ever...

Quote from Ibtasim6781 :

I do understand LFS and that devs have a life behind it, but at this point you can't leave LFS to die, and the least thing you want is to cut any communication/support with the few people that still play this sim.

2018 is here and I can asure you I'm tired of waiting for something that never comes. If I could play other race sims (limited by hardware) I'd have done so time ago.

Really?you are the only guy having fear communication between vitamin9611 and Scawen,by "delay things even more".I play LFS... No one is throwing you away, you are annoyed by your own limitations, Guilt is not mine.

conversation closed, i give you a last word.

peace out
good idea +1
Couldn't you just give XRR and FZR more steering lock and normal tires? Or is there a problem I'm overlooking here
Every car is same. Just different bodyshell and effects via physics. About suggestion above, there is explanation about why there is not given "normal" tires.
Quote from PopnLochNessMonster :Couldn't you just give XRR and FZR more steering lock and normal tires? Or is there a problem I'm overlooking here

It can be an easy solution also!!!
I want to remind everyone about this thread, now the Scawen is doing a test patch to make it possible for XRR FZR cars to drift, but I would also like to see full-fledged drift cars like XRD and FZD in the end.

XRD (XR - Professional Drift Version)
(77 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG