The online racing simulator
Extreme 3D Pro Flight Stick For Handbrake - Help -
Hello, I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Flight Stick and Logitech G27. I was wondering if I can set up the Flight Stick as my handbrake. I'm having problems setting it up because I don't know how too. Can someone help me set it up? Thanks
I have no experience with a flight stick in LFS, but I guess you have to click on Optionsx then Controls, and somehow bind the flight stick to a XY axis and disable the left and right axis. So it acts like a up down sequential shifter - only with variable control instead of analog up/down click.
Go in options>Controls>Axes/FF tab.
Find your joystick axes from the list on the right(pull your joystick so you can see the corresponding bar moving) and select it. Then you need to set the working range as desired(roughly from 0 to 1000)
This axis has two directions (+ & -). As far as I remember, you can also configure the properties of this axis in the Logitech Gaming software. And make both directions to one, so the lever travel is longer. ;-)

Without this "modification" the handbrake may always be 50% attracted. Use a rubber band or the like to keep the axle at zero. And also use a deadzone in the Logitech Game Software for this axis, because otherwise it can stay dressed without you noticing it.
I used a joystick as handbrake several years back. You just set it up to go up and down. I used hair ties so that it could only go Y axis, not X.

I used another hair tie to make the joystick go back down when it was pulled up. Good luck!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG