The online racing simulator
Big input lag on keyboard within LFS
Hi all, just one extremely annoying problem I'm having.

I'm using a wireless keyboard (those that have a small usb bob and batteries).
When I'm using it to type on desktop and general PC usage, it's fine and doesn't have any issue.

However, when I come into LFS, first 10-15 mins is okay. Gear changes on keys is smooth, typing is fine, no lag whatsoever. Once 15 mins passes, I start to get this terrible lag, and the input lag itself is randomised.
Example : I press "S" on keyboard to press clutch. It doesn't do anything, then 1 second later, it engages and disengages by itself. If I hold the clutch down, the pedal board on bottom right shows the clutch jumping on and off in varying intervals by itself.

Same thing happens for typing - it's almost impossible. Each letter wants to come up in free will, and I cannot even scroll through cameras (V). If I hold the V key down, it cycles, then stops and cycles randomly.

I've tried replacing batteries, using different USB ports, dissembling the entire keyboard and reseating he motherboard and panels, updating drivers, uninstalling the keyboard driver and reinstalling. Nothing works. This lag only happens in LFS.

Is this an isolated issue with this particular keyboard, or an incompatability between it and LFS?

PC Specs here :
Dell Vostro Win 10 Pro 64bit
Intel i7 2600 3.4Ghz
4GB RAM
1TB Storage
Upgraded Nvidia GE Force GT 420
Integrated graphics (standalone panel with 4 USB)

Doubt it's the PC's issue though.

Would like to fix if possible, if not, just gonna buy a new kb Frown
Is it some unknown Chinese wireless keyboard or something?

Never had any issues with my Logitech K340 in all those years (in combination with LFS, to be clear).
Quote from MicroSpecV :I've tried replacing batteries, using different USB ports, dissembling the entire keyboard and reseating he motherboard and panels, updating drivers, uninstalling the keyboard driver and reinstalling. Nothing works. This lag only happens in LFS.

Because testing another keyboard would have been too much hassle, right? Razz

Also, you don't seem to have tried in a fresh LFS installation.
Quote from Whiskey :Because testing another keyboard would have been too much hassle, right? Razz

Also, you don't seem to have tried in a fresh LFS installation.

It is a new PC, hence new LFS install. Thus, that's ruled out already.

I do not have another keyboard. The only other one is a old keyboard with the cylindrical plugin, which is obsolete lol.

@FreeScrirocco
Its an acer wireless keyboard that came with my old Acer Aspire Desktop. It worked fine on that, as well as one other pc. Only giving problems with this Dell.
#5 - lucaf
Maybe it lacks some software that was by factory in your Acer desktop?
Quote from MicroSpecV :It is a new PC, hence new LFS install. Thus, that's ruled out already.

TBH, I wouldn't rule it out so fast. You clearly have what seems to be a software problem, with one specific application.
Quote from Whiskey :TBH, I wouldn't rule it out so fast. You clearly have what seems to be a software problem, with one specific application.

What should I do? I've uninstalled and updated the Keyboard driver, and doesn't fix. Should I reinstall LFS?
I am reading something about WiFi distorting the keyboard wireless signal, so did you by any chance changed the way you make connection to the internet as well? It gets worse when WiFi traffic increases, if you go online with LFS on a busy server (like [TC]) there is quite a lot of WiFi traffic.
I use landline (wired) net connection to the pc. Not wifi.

But hey, kinda makes sense...
How can it be resolved?
there still may be some wireless signals around? for example my pc audio output signal starts to buzzing if my mobile phone is too near my computer
Quote from MicroSpecV :But hey, kinda makes sense...
How can it be resolved?

No idea, it can also be a general signal reception problem, my keyboard still works when I am two rooms away in the house on the toilet. Just tested this, lol. (not really functional bcz can't see the screen but hey)... What about your situation? Big grin
Sod it, I'll just buy a traditional wired usb keyboard soon lol
I can send you one for free if you are low on money (you would love finnish kb layout)

Big input lag on keyboard within LFS
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG