The online racing simulator
#1 - cmack
Feature Request: Measuring distance from multiple objects simultaneously?
Is there any way to measure distance from 3 objects simultaneously? What is process for feature requests?

In order to precisely position and object in relationship to other objects, you need to measure distance between two or three other objects.

My current process is:
Select object 1 to measure
Pick up another object I use the colored "poles"
Carpet bomb the arc from first object in the general area
Select object 2 to measure
Pick up a different color pole
Carpet bomb the arc from second object in the general area
Select object 3 to measure
Pick up a cone and drop it where those three measurements intersect.
Clean up all the poles

Measurement tool enhancement:
Select object one to measure
Select object two to measure
Select object three to measure
Pick up cone and drop it where those three measurements intersect.

It is *very* tedious but I am able to do so. It would be wonderful if I could select two or three objects as measurement points.

-Chris
Good idea, but until it does become a feature (if ever), you could use the InSim Circle and InSim Checkpoint, both under the Marshall tab, when using SHIFT U AutoX objects.

The circle goes to 62m diameter and the checkpoint goes to 62m long.

Place them for measuring, and delete once you have your distance.
#3 - cmack
sinanju - I appreciate the reply and good idea. It sounded very promising unfortunately I am dealing with much greater distances. A very good workaround would be to enable much greater diameter. I am typically dealing with distances of 50 - 100 meters. That would require a diameter of 200 meters
#4 - Racon
InSim has some features that might help, but it doesn't do all the things it needs to be able to do to make your tool as described. With insim you can catch when an object is placed and have it provide measurements to other objects - maybe you could just do a few 'object moves' to fine tune the position of the final object with feedback, rather than tracing out the two arcs with objects.

Feature Request: Measuring distance from multiple objects simultaneously?
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG