The online racing simulator
Real engine sounds
(5 posts, started )
Real engine sounds
Hi all.

Just wondering if there's any news on more realistic(recorded engine sounds)
for LFS?
The basic sounds aren't bad but a real engine is a real engine...

Secondly I would like to find a way to lewel all the sounds (only volumes) to same lewel.
I know, this isn't "real", a F1 car needs to be driven with earplugs in, but it's annoying
that you have to adjust the volume each time you switch cars, the XFG is way more
"quiet" than for instance the F1 car.

thanks.
Quote from Meseplayer :F1 car needs to be driven with earplugs in, but it's annoying that you have to adjust the volume of your farts each time there is silent moment in opera.

Hi, I think you can do it in 2 ways.

1. Is to use script, which will set Car Sound Volume lower, when you pick XRR, F1 car etc., but I've never used them, so you have to ask someone or search.
2. Is to SHIFT + A while in F1, fiddle with sliders to make it comfy, and save as your sound preset.

Current sound model is not perfect, but very flexy. If Devs would put school bus into LFS, sound will just work himself right. I can imagine it can be improved, but have no idea what Devs will do in future.
Hi,

Well, I have tried the Shift+A but that has no real volume controller, you just play around with different sliders, and in the end you have lost the original sound when made it less noisy.
Not the best way to adjust the volume.
The script thing I don't believe is possible ...

thanks.
Right, there is CAR_V parameter in cfg file, but it doesn't work as a command unfortunately
#5 - BeNoM

Real engine sounds
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG