The online racing simulator
TBOC 2017 Holiday Special: Race Discussion and Briefing
Hello racers, welcome to the TBOC Holiday Special! Please feel free to discuss the race here. Do take note of the following briefing notes.

Spirit of the Event: We usually ask for no contact, but we understand that some is to be expected in touring car style racing. What we still do not want to see is excessive contact to put a driver off-line so that you can gain a massive advantage, and you still should not try and "help" someone get further out of shape if you can help it. Hard racing induces some door banging and "chrome horns" - but keep it sensible and don't tread wild on the other racers. We want to see hard racing, but please keep it fair. Yes, this is the same bit that was in last year's iTCC Holiday Special, but we consider the TBO Challenge a similar touring-car style event.

Qualifying Procedure: The qualifying session will be held in one server with the current entry quantity. You may spectate/pit/head to garage any time at all during the session. You may run as many laps as you desire in the 20-minute session. We ask that you do not exit the pitlane if there is not enough time to start a timed lap.

Race Procedure: The Sprint Race will be gridded based on qualifying results. The Feature Race will be gridded based on Sprint Race Results, except for a reversal of positions 6-10 based on Sprint Race duration as explained below:

The last digit of the winner's race time will set the reversal. If the number is 1 to 5
inclusive, 5 will be added to that number to get the reverse. 6 through 9 will be taken as
that number. 0 will equal 10.

All races start by way of standard LFS standing start. No lag lap will be used.

No pit stops are required, but you may take one at your own discretion if felt necessary.

Race Meeting Points: Points will be awarded per regulations, and a Champion of the Meeting will be awarded.

Post-Race Procedure: Following each race, top 3 must report to start/finish for a podium photo. After the podium photo following Race 2, the top 3 in points will be called to start/finish for a photo.
Also, there is likely to be a web stream for this event. Details available tomorrow once all is confirmed.
Are you doing Twitch? You could try Twitch, it's where erryone is.
Stream would be awesome, I actually have few people that are willing to watch my struggle.
#5 - gu3st
All racers entered as of the time of this post should have a PM in their inbox with race day password, among other details.
#8 - lucaf
Thanks for the event. Was worth to join and worth to watch both replays later
Thank you all for racing, we were glad to have you for this event. I'll get a recap article up in the next day or two, and post here when I've done so.

TBOC 2017 Holiday Special: Race Discussion and Briefing
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG