The online racing simulator

Poll : What do you class as an endurance race?

2 hours -> 3 hours
6 hours +
30 min -> 1 hour
1 hour -> 2 hours
4 hours -> 5 hours
3 hours -> 4 hours
5 hours -> 6 hours
POLL: What do you class as an endurance race?
Hello! As part of wanting to plan events I want to find out WHAT the LFS community classes as endurance racing, this information will be put to use in anything endurance related I plan later on.

I could've used google, HOWEVER I wanted the LFS community to voice their opinion on the length of endurance racing.
I can't do the poll since mouse + KB + wheel + gamepad users classify enduro differently.

For me, as a mouse user, I'd say max is 2-3 hours, straight.

KB would be around 4-5,
Wheel would be 6++ (or 24h, it's the benchmark)
Gamepad 5-6+

So if you even it all out it'll be around 4 hours.
But you'll have mostly kb-wheel users.
A 4 laps race Tilt

Also depends of what car and track is selected for a race.

I'd say anything above 2-3hs.
1 minute
If there is no option for a no-stop strategy due to insufficient tyre life and/or fuel tank capacity for race distance, it's an endurance race.

If a no-stop strategy is the always the fastest option, it's a sprint race.

There may be some vague middle ground between the two

You might say that a race where 1-2 stops are viable is called a grand prix, and anything with 3+ stops is an endurance race, but I feel this distinction is unnecessary. Alternatively, a race where one driver per car is practical and viable is a grand prix, and a race with viable/necessary driver swaps is an endurance race.
I'd say 2 hours is a good lower limit. I don't think there are m/any cars in LFS that can go that far on one set of tyres and one fuel tank without major saving.

Back when endurance was cool with the kids most leagues had either 3, 4 or 6 hours for their shorter races.
1-2 hours. I think mine were 1hr
4+ Hours in my opinion. Shorter races are just longish races. Anything that is long enough that a driver change is an reasonable option.
I voted for option 2-3 hours,because 2 hours alone is already pretty challenging,while with 3 hours the real endurance starts,where you might want to race rather in team then alone.
16 hours +

everything below that is for amateurs
think there not many that crazy to drive more then 2 hours straith
Quote from Eclipsed :I voted for option 2-3 hours,because 2 hours alone is already pretty challenging,while with 3 hours the real endurance starts,where you might want to race rather in team then alone.

I agree. A race with a duration exceeding two hours is enough to wear down a driver. Smile
Eeeh the question didn't contain 'single driver' as far as I can see. Endurance races where being done by teams mostly. Teams of four or five drivers.
Neither it contained "just for teams". Wink
If it includes a Le Man style driver swap like this year's DOP @Westhill then by all means 6hr ++.

If solo then 6hr <. Anything above 6 and it's stupid for a 1 driver stint.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG