The online racing simulator
#1 - Ped7g
McLaren to hire best sim racer as test driver for their simulator...
#2 - BeNoM
I wish these competitions didn't use simcades like Gran Turismo and used proper sims like LFS, iRacing, rFactor 2, e.t.c.

Also would be good advertisement if LFS were to be in one of these big comps Smile
I'd imagine they want to use their own mclaren branded cars in these competitions. Lfs is also pretty outdated and would not give positive impression of their products imho. Both physically and graphically.
#4 - BeNoM
Makes sense considering it's good advertisement for their cars and brand, guess that puts LFS out of the question. There were some Forza Motorsport 6 clips on the competition's promo video, so I guess they're going with console simcades (as usual Face -> palm ).

Also while LFS might be outdated graphically on vanilla graphics, with texture and shader mods the game can actually look quite nice. Especially when you know what you're doing Wink

LFS is definitely not outdated dated physics-wise, if anything it's equal to current sims, if not better.
Only if IMOL was still with us i think this opportunity would of been great for him and would have done well.
Quote from bishtop :Only if IMOL was still with us i think this opportunity would of been great for him and would have done well.

Heart
Well, that was unexpected. GratsThumbs up
Awesome Rudy, knew you'd be there in the end right from the rF2 qualis.

If McLaren doesn't win next year, it's on you though.
congratulations to the winner
“Van Buren will help McLaren develop their 2018 car” Unreal! Grats. Btw Good memories from racing you Dave, Dennis, Yan Smile
Grats Rudy!!
Great stuff, he seems a really cool guy.
Quote from Ziomek21 :If McLaren doesn't win next year, it's on you though.

Ha.

Congratulations Rudy.

Got to feel bad for Isaac Price though, he did really well. Great to see both those guys in the top 6 fighting it out with the best.
Oh, just saw that. Grats Rudy!

Seems kind of weird that most of us had shared the virtual track with him.

Definitely feels like I chose the wrong career. Schwitz

Also, wasn't Bottas around here too for some time?

Edit: some nice guys showing up in this thread. Wave Had good races with some of you.
Quote from ChristijaNL :“Van Buren will help McLaren develop their 2018 car” Unreal! Grats. Btw Good memories from racing you Dave, Dennis, Yan Smile

That was a long time ago, my friend!

McLaren to hire best sim racer as test driver for their simulator...
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG