The online racing simulator
Formula Gran Turismo Red for FO8
Hello,

I have added the right color and all the right decals, but I find adding the big grey GT logo to the side hardest to apply. Too bad making skins in Live for Speed isn't like in Need for Speed where you just drag the vinyl onto the car and it automatically forms on it.

Attached is my skin, how my skin looks on FO8, how it looks in GT4, and the grey GT logo.
Attached images
FO8_FormulaGT4.jpg
LFS_2017-10-17_18-22-55.png
firefox_2017-10-17_18-22-32.png
GT.png
There was a thread about automatically wrapping decals with Cinema 4D:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/89032 - "Making Skins with Projection UV Reversing"

What also might work with that GT logo is to place on side of the car, and cut along the edge where it overlaps over the 'seam'. Then move/rotate the cut-off part of logo onto the neighbouring car-part.
I did that for some skins and it worked okay..I think the eyes on MRT were along a seam on skin too:

However I think on Fo8 it is not possible to make a logo wrap nicely from the side to the top, because the car has this overhangs at the side.
#3 - Racon
I use a colourised cheat-sheet to help make sense of what-goes-where when I'm doing tricky skins, it's a huge help. I'd have a go myself but I can't really see what's going on from that screeny and I can't find any pics on google Smile
Attached images
colskin.jpg
colskin2.jpg
Quote from Gutholz :There was a thread about automatically wrapping decals with Cinema 4D:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/89032 - "Making Skins with Projection UV Reversing"

What also might work with that GT logo is to place on side of the car, and cut along the edge where it overlaps over the 'seam'. Then move/rotate the cut-off part of logo onto the neighbouring car-part.
I did that for some skins and it worked okay..I think the eyes on MRT were along a seam on skin too:

However I think on Fo8 it is not possible to make a logo wrap nicely from the side to the top, because the car has this overhangs at the side.

I would totally do this if I had Cinema 4D, but $945 for the most basic version is not worth it just to make a couple skins. I would love if someone made a program like the CMX viewer, but you put pictures onto the car!

Quote from Racon :I'd have a go myself but I can't really see what's going on from that screeny and I can't find any pics on google Smile

I couldn't find and pics on google either. Check this video out to get a better idea of what I am talking about.
#5 - Racon
Ok, I should be able to do that, I'll have a go next time I get a skin-sized window in my schedule Smile

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG