The online racing simulator
Online ProTweaker Lan Issue
(7 posts, started )
Hello, My buddies and I have built 2 drift simulators and we are using Logitech G27's.

We created a Lan server for drifting and we are using ProTweaker for steering mods, However it will only let the host of the server use the steering lock mod. Also if any other settings are different in ProTweaker it will kick out the other person.

Is there any way to fix these issues?
Simple fix, don't use mods Smile
lol, Thank you for not helping me fix my issue Smile
#4 - Ped7g
Quote from drum-beats :Simple fix, don't use mods Smile

Mods are one of the biggest reasons players still playing LFS...

Quote from GrapeJuice :Hello, My buddies and I have built 2 drift simulators and we are using Logitech G27's.

We created a Lan server for drifting and we are using ProTweaker for steering mods, However it will only let the host of the server use the steering lock mod. Also if any other settings are different in ProTweaker it will kick out the other person.

Is there any way to fix these issues?

You should ask using a brand new demo account. Then you get all help you need...

Anyway, Pro Tweaker uses a process ID to modify it. It means that only one process (only one LFS.exe in this case) can be modified at time. So, the solution for this is opening two instances of ProTweaker and selecting each LFS.exe on them.
Quote from Skinzinho :Mods are one of the biggest reasons players still playing LFS...

You should ask using a brand new demo account. Then you get all help you need...

Anyway, Pro Tweaker uses a process ID to modify it. It means that only one process (only one LFS.exe in this case) can be modified at time. So, the solution for this is opening two instances of ProTweaker and selecting each LFS.exe on them.

I would not play this game if it were not for mods. It just doesn't do it for me or my friends. Mods make it way more fun.

I am using 2 separate computers. I have fixed this by making a dedicated server and doing it through Lan, However still only one person can use the steering lock. I downloaded another mod which lets me get 60 degree's of steering lock, while my other buddy uses ProTweaker steering lock.
Quote from GrapeJuice :I would not play this game if it were not for mods. It just doesn't do it for me or my friends. Mods make it way more fun.

Yes, I totally agree that mods make it more fun. But be aware that people here prefer to ban modders instead crackers.

If you are using 2 separated computers, you must run a instance of Pro Tweaker on each computer. Also, a tweaked DCON is necessary to prevent kicking from the server when you change the steering lock.

Not sure if allowed to post, but Draggo from Podfolio made a modified dcon. You can download it at http://podfolio.eu/lfs-mods (LFS DEDI / DCON MultiMod )

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG