The online racing simulator
Sound error (Play:B -2147467259)
(15 posts, started )
As title says really Frown

Load into LFS, greeted by this error on the chatbox "Sound error (Play:B -2147467259)". Everything is muted and I cannot adjust or get sound from any part of LFS. Any clues to what may be causing this?

Laptop is a Lenovo G500s. Recently had a HDD failure, swapped with a new Hard drive, LCD failure last week, just had it changed too. It was only after the LCD went into "save me" mode (i.e resolution went to 860 and PC had 11fps) that LFS had this sound error. And now this "Sound error (Play:B -2147467259)" thing won't go away.

edit:
Just attempted to get into a server, greeted with another error "No sound (Play:Z -2147467259)". LFS now is clocked at min 9 fps max 11.9 fps, this is quite horrible now... able to get 129 fps on lowest graphics before. Still on lowest graphics now.
This is what the screen option shows - it used to have a ton of resolution choices and availability of 64 bit, now I'm left with these..?

Someone told me it may be a processor failing, could it be? I swear to god I'm not going to spend money again to replace a processor; the bloody LCD and HDD setup already costs 1/3 of the laptop price..

Cheers
Dunno but maybe this helps.
Quote from LakynVonLegendaus :Dunno but maybe this helps.

Yup, lowering the quality helped get LFS audio back, but the graphics is still down the shitter :

LFS is extremely extremely laggy now, practically unplayable. Was getting above 130 fps in those graphics settings before the LCD failure. The HDD replacement did not affect LFS gameplay. Any clues as to what is going on?

Other problems :
Win8 interface is laggy
Cannot adjust brightness (stuck at 100% no matter what the sliders do both in tray, control panel and button)
Cannot update .NET framework (PC denies action and prompts administrator only, when my account is the bliming administrator)
Cannot update Display Driver software via internal software update (Denied access)
Youtube cannot play anything above 720p (loads infinitely)
Unable to get to boot menu or recovery mode (When power on, laptop immediately goes to a blue windows logo, then straight to "User + Loading" then desktop. All F8/F11/F10 keypress are ignored)
Unable to turn off quick boot/change boot preference (Denied access)
Sleep mode is removed from the power off button options
f.lux test shows average 30fps only

I have no clue anymore, anyone? What is dying in my laptop, apart from the new LCD and HDD? Any one of the above problems link to the lagginess I'm experiencing in LFS?

(apologies if this is slightly straying to Hardware, but both LFS and the laptop are having problems at the same time so lol)
Hmm not nice, can you install drivers manually from here without access denied? Make sure to choose your operating system type at the top of the page if you're gonna try this.
Not really an exprert on this stuff but it seems like missing drivers issue, not hardware problem.
#5 - Abone
I used windows 8 / 8.1 just for 1 month and jumped straight to windows 10. I recommend you change it will get more performance and less issues.You can try this program i use for install drivers is free you just have to install manualy drivers. i hope it help you .

https://www.drivereasy.com/

ps:I cant update my video card because last ones dont work with LFS i have to keep with Nvidia 372.54 driver
Since modern GPU's have a relation with audio as well, I think that you GPU is damaged.
Given the fact that both the HDD as the LCD recently failed, makes me believe that your laptop suffered from a powerpeak, which is really bad for hardware and can cause a lot of damage.
To proof this theory, you could try to start another game that's heavy on the GPU, if that is also showing problems, you will know for sure that your GPU is damaged.
In case that game is working fine, there could be an issue with your GPU driver, so then I would recommend you to download the latest version of it and install that one.
@Yisc

The HDD failed seperately from the LCD. They didn't fail together.
When the HDD died, I had it replaced, and the dude at the repair shop helped me "tune" my laptop. It went bloody quick and then 3 weeks later the LCD started to flash pink, and a week after that the LCD went out with the pink tint and resolution issue.

A powerpeak is when the voltage spikes right? Or is it a battery issue? I'm not exactly clear on that. And do you have a free heavy gpu-dependant game for me to run? I only have LFS atm.

Cheers
Yeah a powerpeak is when the voltage spikes.
I had it once in my life due to a central transformatorhome in our neighbourhood having a huge problem and therefor my pc was fried (among a few other devices in our house).
Since then I have a powerfilter installed, which takes care of these peaks in case they happen.
Maybe the guy pushed your hardware too far, which made it overheat and slowly die (of course I can only guess, only having your report to work with).

Have a go with this for a test: http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/
Quote from Yisc[NL] :Yeah a powerpeak is when the voltage spikes.
I had it once in my life due to a central transformatorhome in our neighbourhood having a huge problem and therefor my pc was fried (among a few other devices in our house).
Since then I have a powerfilter installed, which takes care of these peaks in case they happen.
Maybe the guy pushed your hardware too far, which made it overheat and slowly die (of course I can only guess, only having your report to work with).

Have a go with this for a test: http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

Before the laptop was sent for the HDD replacement, it was a normal Win8, boot through normal boot (Lenovo logo, black screen, Loading page etc). When the HDD was replaced, the service guy apparently "tuned" the laptop to "make it perform faster".

The laptop booted within 3 seconds (Press on button > Cyan Windows logo on black screen > instant to desktop). I couldn't do any F-button commands or access recovery modes/reset. Everything was quick for about 3 weeks until it started slowing down, then by the end of the 3rd week the LCD started to turn pink and die. (P.s During that time, I had to plug the laptop to an external monitor as the laptop LCD was too pink to use on. The monitor worked fine, until one day, when I booted it up, instead of the monitor showing screen, the laptop's screen showed in horrible resolution, laggy and in horrible pink.

Will test the benchmark later
Attempting Furmark Benching test now.
@Yisc this is my graphics atm :

Do you think its advisable to conduct the stress test? And if yes, what button do I press Shrug , and when do I stop the logging?

//edit
FurMark doesn't even start, oh god.

What now Yisc?
Shrug GPU microsoft basic display adapter

I would say install right driver Check your device manager if more drivers are missing.
This is a cheap office notebook, not meant for gaming. And if I take a look at the German reviews then it even fails at office work. I am sorry to say but by the looks of it, its a fail product from Lenovo, should not waste all this money on it.

This laptop has no GPU. It has a CPU with basic integrated GPU functions (Intel® HD Graphics 4000). Theoretically the CPU can be faulty but I doubt that, Intel CPU's are of very good quality, have thermal protection and some other protections to prevent getting destroyed.

But to not let you end in misery I strongly suggest to follow Abone's advice and upgrade to Win10. Win8 has too many performance instabilities (mainly due to sloppy drivers). Some Win8 users are lucky, some not.

Maybe it fixes some of your issues, possibly even everything.
He has no GPU driver installed thats the problem
Thanks cargame, will try to get a Win10 update, but it's not free now is it?

And btw I went to try one last time on the display adapter update, and windows finally found a update from the basic driver back to Intel HD, and the pc is back to normal now (no lag, 1360 p resolution etc). But I'll give win10 a try if I can find it.
I don't know about the current Win10 upgrade rules. They said that if you pretend to have a handicap (like activate the visual assistance, magnifying glass, high contrast option) that you are still allowed to update but if this trick still applies I don't know.

//edit .. seems that you do not need to do any trick. Just use this tool; https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10

(according to http://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/ ... written May this year)

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG