The online racing simulator
Penalty when contact with ai
(6 posts, started )
I whould like to have an Option to enable/disenable a 2 Secound Penalty everytime when iam hit an AI durring a Race.

Same thing like the Layout Editor Objects.

Maybe i am not the only one...... Wave
and at the end of the race you'll get enough time penalities that you'll be able to go back to the future
If the AI space awareness would be better there wouldn't be so much contact in the first place Smile
When we are side by side it ignore us up to the point we get about a meter in-front of their car. Then they make a sudden move (often going off-track) to avoid us. LFS got a bad reputation in sim racing for it's AI mainly because of this little flaw. If that would be fixed I believe the experience would be much better.

Maybe a contact penalty would be interesting but it should be relative with the velocity of the contact. Sometimes a little touch isn't so bad and don't ruin the race of anyone so it shouldn't be penalized. Obviously if you make a little touch with the rear of, let's say, an FR, it's car will probably ended up spinning and you should be fine to go on with a free pass which should be enough to give you a penalty but no other games ever though of this yet as far as I know.

In some games you can just ram everything in first corner and get away with it. But don't ever cross the imaginary line on the side of the track cause you'll get a 10s penalty, even if that slows you down more than anything else. Whether you've been pushed out or not doesn't seem to matter (looking at you AC).
@microspecv
Penalty means

+2 Seconds for every contact.

Not

-2 Seconds

Nod

When you end the race as third but you have 10 sec Penalty the programm order you as example to the 10 place.....
Quote from Skytrill :If the AI space awareness would be better there wouldn't be so much contact in the first place Smile
When we are side by side it ignore us up to the point we get about a meter in-front of their car. Then they make a sudden move (often going off-track) to avoid us. LFS got a bad reputation in sim racing for it's AI mainly because of this little flaw. If that would be fixed I believe the experience would be much better.

Maybe a contact penalty would be interesting but it should be relative with the velocity of the contact. Sometimes a little touch isn't so bad and don't ruin the race of anyone so it shouldn't be penalized. Obviously if you make a little touch with the rear of, let's say, an FR, it's car will probably ended up spinning and you should be fine to go on with a free pass which should be enough to give you a penalty but no other games ever though of this yet as far as I know.

In some games you can just ram everything in first corner and get away with it. But don't ever cross the imaginary line on the side of the track cause you'll get a 10s penalty, even if that slows you down more than anything else. Whether you've been pushed out or not doesn't seem to matter (looking at you AC).

Its True! AI need some Rework. But i was looking for a "simple & Fast" way for Scrawen to make offline Race more Interresting for us.
Quote from Xenix74 :@microspecv
Penalty means

+2 Seconds for every contact.

Not

-2 Seconds

Nod

When you end the race as third but you have 10 sec Penalty the programm order you as example to the 10 place.....

Hahahahhaa mate I was joking - couldn't you sense the sacarsm? Plus it eas Back to the future day Tongue

But yea, I don't see this moving any further at all if the current AI pathing remains. LFS AI needs a whole new rework of their racecraft and path generation for this penalty thing to work - and even if the AI are indeed better, I still detest this idea. Every little "rubbing is racing" contact would result in a time penalty which is really just silly and unecessary. You don't see drivers being penalised for every little contact. It becomes nitpicking after a while .

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG