The online racing simulator
how do I create new insim buttons, and how do I know what each of them is?
I want to make the rules no longer appear in / msg and appear on the screen, how do I get this?
And how i can create insim button?
Insim only is a protocol used by a program like PRISM or Lapper to communicate with LFS.
So to be able to answer your question, we first need to know what program you are using.
Quote from Yisc[NL] :Insim only is a protocol used by a program like PRISM or Lapper to communicate with LFS.
So to be able to answer your question, we first need to know what program you are using.

i use lfs external
From what I've been reading, LFS External is old and it would be better to start using Insim dotnet.
There is already a cruiseinsim created with LFS External. You can find it somewhere on this forum. And by reading the code you will understand how to create a Button or sending messages.

But i have to agree with Yisc[NL]. You could better move to a another insim library's like : Insim DotNet or Prism or LFSLapper, which are more updated than LFS External.
Quote from Bass-Driver :There is already a cruiseinsim created with LFS External. You can find it somewhere on this forum. And by reading the code you will understand how to create a Button or sending messages.

But i have to agree with Yisc[NL]. You could better move to a another insim library's like : Insim DotNet or Prism or LFSLapper, which are more updated than LFS External.

can I convert lfs external to insimdotnet?
To be honest, whatever code you are using, making and altering buttons should be the easiest thing to do, especially as if you're using someone else's code, as there will likely be button examples.

Look for something like ....

{
InSim.Send_BTN_CreateButton("^7Click this button!", Flags.ButtonStyles.ISB_DARK, 5, 30, 6, 108, 7, C.UniqueID, 2, true);
}

Even though I don't have a clue about the InSim protocol and code you are using, I can tell ...

background colour of button - ISB_DARK
likely placement of button and size and spacing of text within button - 5, 30, 6, 108, 7
text colour and message inside button - Click this button! (text will be white)

No idea if this is a button that only a specific person sees, or if everyone on the server sees at same time.
Quote from zmayco :can I convert lfs external to insimdotnet?

It's a really bad idea to continue someone elses work, especially when it is extremely old. You spend much more time fixing problems then when you would have started from scratch.
Quote from cargame.nl :It's a really bad idea to continue someone elses work, especially when it is extremely old. You spend much more time fixing problems then when you would have started from scratch.

but I do not know how to start creating an insim
Quote from zmayco :but I do not know how to start creating an insim

Then grab a program that's already been made and start working with that.
Use LFS Lapper for example, which handles most of the packets for you and 'only' requires you to write forms, store/retrieve values, define actions, etc.

how do I create new insim buttons, and how do I know what each of them is?
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG