The online racing simulator
Texture packs, sound mods & hi-res skins
Hi guys

Im interesting in downloading texture packs to get a bit better graphics.
But i have no idea if its bad for the gameplay or from where to download them.

Also sound mods wouldnt be bad if there even is such things that really work i would like for someone to assist me there aswell. Smile

And where could i find these 2048*2048 hi-res skins?
Is there maybe an website where are those or are they only available on google picture search?

Thanks in advance!
#2 - delis
Thanks mate

I was wondering if there is some special sites or threads for 2048x2048 skins aswell or are they even worth searching for? Tongue
best bet looking through those threads, i'd bet majority of skins would be 2k, since that is the size of master-skinnerz templates that are popular, no idea about textures though
Thanks Smile
#6 - nacim
Hi, and welcome to LFS! Smile

Since you're looking to get a better looking game, consider using custom shaders to improve the look of your game Wink

I might aswell do a small ad for my own work Big grin: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/86193-The-custom-shaders-thread
The shader pack on the first post is based on Keiichi_Tsuchiya's work on linear color space rendering, and also improves fog and adds a bit of post-processing. Don't forget to enable post processing in the Misc options after installing the pack, or you'll get a really dark image
Hi

Thanks!
I will try out your shaderpack for sure when im home. Smile
In which folder should the shaders be for them to work?
Quote from Niehenn :Hi

Thanks!

Welcome to LFS!

I use a high res texture pack that I can't remember the name of at the moment. I'll find it later.

I also went ahead and downloaded all the music files from https://www.lfs.net/downloads and it makes it way more enjoyable. Make sure music is enabled in setup and race screens.

I also use CarSoundRemixer, which can be found on the unofficial addons page near the top.

Edit: Here is my CSR preset http://www.team-vtec.ga/stuff/csr-teamvtec.zip
Hi

Thank you very much!

I was able to download the music files and have them work but the CSR download process was too complicated for me..

I read that i should modify the last few lines of my cfg.txt file but where is this file then? Shrug
hello niehenn and welcome to liveforspeed

You can find the it in your main LFS install directory

Thank you very much!

I was able to download the music files and have them work but the CSR download process was too complicated for me..

I read that i should modify the last few lines of my cfg.txt file but where is this file then? Shrug

CSR is just an application. Extract it to wherever you want and use /insim <port number in CSR>

Enjoy!

Thanks!

Put the shader folder in the 'data' folder located in your LFS install folder (C:/LFS/ by default)
Replace the files when asked. Wink
Quote from TechEdison :CSR is just an application. Extract it to wherever you want and use /insim <port number in CSR>

Enjoy!

"use /insim <port number in CSR>" i didnt quite understand that..

sorry man
Quote from nacim :Put the shader folder in the 'data' folder located in your LFS install folder (C:/LFS/ by default)
Replace the files when asked. Wink

Hi

Yes i did that shaders are awesome thanks!
Quote from Niehenn :"use /insim <port number in CSR>" i didnt quite understand that..

sorry man

That's means you need to type in LFS "/insim 29999" or whatever port is set up in that CSR config. That's typical way how to connect insim applications to LFS (there are quite many of them). Can't help on the CSR itself,I have never used it.
Quote from Eclipsed :That's means you need to type in LFS "/insim 29999" or whatever port is set up in that CSR config. That's typical way how to connect insim applications to LFS (there are quite many of them). Can't help on the CSR itself,I have never used it.

Yep. I believe default is 29999, but I said it that way because you can change default port it connects with.
Hi

Sorry for not being a Technical wonderboy but havent got the CSR working..
The file has to be opened with WinRar doesnt it?
Step to step guide would be very much appreciated!!

Texture packs, sound mods & hi-res skins
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG