The online racing simulator
The LFS S2 MANUAL
(79 posts, started )
The LFS S2 MANUAL
The LFS Wiki is an unofficial online manual for Live for Speed. It works similar to Wikipedia, meaning that you, or anyone, can edit almost any article right now by clicking on the edit link that appears at the top of the page. Don't be afraid to edit, you can't break the LFS Wiki. Anything can be fixed or improved later. So go ahead, edit an article and help to improve the LFS Wiki!

www.lfsmanual.net
Great job Flo, gonna read it when I get home
Wow, that is seriously a very impressive piece of work.

Thank you for this. Your time and effort in bringing all this info together into a professional looking manual is appreciated!
Impressiv work :up:
Excellent work. The best thing about the LFS community is the people who do things like this and the other "unofficial" mods.

<clap, clap, clap>
-
(HittiS) DELETED by HittiS
#6 - Gunn
Excellent work and a great community resource. :up: :up:
Holy crap this is impressive.

It's being printed off now and will be bound and will live 'the smallest room in the house' for intensive reading.

Congrats and thank you.
Quote from farcar :'the smallest room in the house'

Well said
good stuff, thanks for the unofficial manual, this surely is something real cool to read.

great work!
Wow.... Really super work
If LFS is ever boxed, this manual should be printed and shiped with it
#11 - tpa
Cool, now we can yell RTFM! at noobs

nice work Flo and everyone involved
wow.. I've read through the manual briefly and I'm very amazed at how well the manual is being done and written, there's a lot of information well put and detail explanation and tips on everything, I even discover/learnt a few things that I've never known about LFS after I got this manual.
#13 - tpa
Hey, just noticed you used one of my photos in the guide (page 41, Moby). Thanks for asking

Nah, I am honored, really.
wow..., realy impresive work

makes LFS a big step more "professional"
thx to all guys they are involved.
great job Florian. This was realy needed
Hmm.. the link doesn't work, can you fix that, or can someone send it to me via e-mail??
Quote from Boris Lozac :Hmm.. the link doesn't work, can you fix that, or can someone send it to me via e-mail??

working fine for me
Well done.

One thing should be changed: The pagenumber does not belong on the title page.
It's Great ! thx to all writing that wiki manual

Where can i find that early small stunt simulation from Scawen on page 73 of pdf manual ?? i really want to try it lol
hm like it as well - but i trusted you guys to bring out something great when i pre-ordered the german manual at 4players ages ago, so i'm not very surprised here

i'd take a look at the listed leagues though - since there are national leagues in some other contries as well (all featured on the news-homepage - for example spain, italy, the netherlands, czech republic...) and since ace pot the oval office project on hold for a while - maybe adding the masters of endurance instead of the oval office series would be useful

also (probably due to the release date) i'm missing the lfs spectator tool in the manual a bit - but i'm pretty sure it'll be included with the next update, since the manual is (much like LfS) still WIP
This is great for LFS newcomers. This should be on the LFS.net front page!
I get a server internal error when I try to download it.

Please is there another site where can I download it?

Possible in english?

Thanks
Don't forget, that most parts of the manual were written by other people, listed in the credits. What I did was just putting all the stuff from various sources into one single document

Quote from tpa :Hey, just noticed you used one of my photos in the guide (page 41, Moby). Thanks for asking

Sorry, I found those pics on my HD and didn't really know where I got them from.

Quote from Ayahuasca :One thing should be changed: The pagenumber does not belong on the title page.

I couldn't figure out how to do this in Open Office. Does anybody know how to change the footer for the first page only?

Quote from DasKlee :but i trusted you guys to bring out something great when i pre-ordered the german manual at 4players ages ago

I'm really sorry that the german manual isn't out yet. It's lying ready on my HD to be printed. The problem is, that there will be changes until the full S2 release, so the printed maunal would be outdated before S2 is even released. Be sure that it will be shipped as soon as S2 is ready.

Quote from DasKlee :i'd take a look at the listed leagues though

Yes please, do it
The manual is based on an open Wiki, so everybody can make changes. Just go there and add the leagues which should be in:
http://lfs-old.4players.de:104 ... ual:Links&action=edit

Quote from DasKlee :i'm missing the lfs spectator tool in the manual a bit

Same here, just add it to the Wiki and it will be in the PDF for the next update.

Quote from mpracer :I get a server internal error when I try to download it.

It works fine here, you can try the direct download links:
http://ftp.4players.de/pub/lfs/sonstige/s2manual.rar
or
ftp://ftp.4players.de/pub/lfs/sonstige/s2manual.rar

Quote from mpracer :Please is there another site where can I download it?

Feel free to mirror the download on your webspace.
rofl @ page 79

The LFS S2 MANUAL
(79 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG