The online racing simulator
GU-R Weekly Racing
(30 posts, started )
GU-R Weekly Racing
GU-R Weekly Racing

Small overview

GU-R Weekly Races is a series of fun races for the LFS Community, each Monday a race will be held that is completely open to the community, no sign-up required, just turn up during qualification and set 1 timed lap (2 laps out).

Each race is aimed to last about half an hour (Sometimes over).
--------------------------

Racing Rules

1: Respect the rules of clean racing (
Spoiler - click to revealhttp://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Rules_of_Clean_Racing
)
2: Respect the Yellow and Blue flags, move over for the blue flag, and slow down if needed for yellows.
3: Corner cutting is forbidden.
4: If your ping is high / unstable you may be asked to leave if it does not improve.
5: No voting for Restart / End / Qualification / ETC.
6: No cheats, VOB Mods, Hacks of any sort = Perm Ban.

Administration

Warning System:
1st warning
2nd warning
1 Race Ban
2 Race Ban
1 Month Ban (4 Races)
2 Month Ban (8 Races)

Racing Procedure

The qualification will begin at: 5:50PM BST (Summer) 5:50PM GMT (Winter). Qualification will last for ONE HOUR and end at 6:50PM BST (Summer) 6:50PM GMT (Winter). The race itself will begin at 7:00PM BST (Summer) 7:00 PM GMT (Winter).

This gives drivers a 10 minute break before the race. We believe this system is nicer for drivers, letting them have a small breather, or a warm-up session for last minute setup tweaks.
Nice plans. Really neat. Sad that every single (legit, all leagues) are out of my timezone. Can't contest fully in any championship at all..
Only been able to knock a few poles and a number of top 5s in SRT qualifying and then miss the races. My life rocks Rofl

(In context, leagues will have to race at 4PM BST/3PM GMT for me to fully make the entire session. Argh.)
Really unfortunate to see a talented driver like yourself, unable to participate in this upcoming series of weekly races due to timing. We hope that somehow, someday find a way to participate. It would be an honor to have you take part.

The time was decided upon to be 5:50PM BST (Summer) 5:50PM GMT (Winter) and end at 7:30PM BST (Summer) 7:30PM GMT (Winter) so that people would/should have enough time to come home from where ever whether it's college or work, and be able to race.
I like it !!
Where can I register? I have to speak to my team first Smile
No sign-ups required. Just show up,qualify and race. If you want, you can bring your team along.
Weekly Race 1 & 2

Hello!

I am posting on behalf of the GU-R Division within Gamers United.

Thank you to those who have taken part in our events so far! We have had 2 great races so far full of talented drivers. We look forward to future races.

Information on Week 1:

Week 1 consisted of 9 drivers at the start line on FE2 with FBM.

The race ended with 6 people on the leaderboard.

Congratulations to the top 3, Fantom, Myself and voiDT.

Replay can be found here: http://gamersunited.co.uk/GU-R ... R%20Weekly%20Race%201.mpr

Information on Week 2:

Week 2 consisted of 13 Drivers on BL3R with RB4.

The race ended with 7 people on the leaderboard.

Congratulations to the top 3, Teho | Lonni, Fantom and myself.

Replay can be found here: http://gamersunited.co.uk/GU-R ... R%20Weekly%20Race%202.mpr

Since Teho | Lonni won, he got to decide what next weeks race will be! We can confirm that our Week 3 race will be FBM @ South City Chicane Route. We look forward to seeing you there!

Thanks,
Lewis.
Thanks for two good races!

Hopefully after next week we will get some easier car/track combo's Tongue however these weekly events have been quite fun, especially knowing you guys all, there has been some good friendly competition Tongue

Thanks.
TAZxx - SO•TAZxx/L.Glynn
A mixture of tires, 9397, spinning and banners made my demise.

(Ily still tho 93)
#9 - lucaf
Thanks for the event! This was full learning for me, I found myself at the pits after first lap because went wide on last turn. Nevermind I was happy to complete the race without overheating my tyres. Had nice battle with Karlsson in the end, but the leaders were lapping us and ruining our battle Big grin

Short clip of first lap which was unfortunate to Gogo and fatal to Willi :/

Quote from Huskii :
(Ily still tho 93)

Did't understand this one?
Nice to hear that people are enjoying the races! I've enjoyed them myself too, and look forward to the upcoming races.

Nice video lucaf! It was an interesting first lap Big grin
Nice vid.
And it means I love you still xD
You may noticed in the video - I use custom dust/smoke shader, the most fun is that I did not remember it, and in the race (usually i dont race rallycross) it was difficult to see the cars and the track in front of me through the dust Big grin especially on the first lap

Hello

Thank you to those who took the time out of their day to participate in our ongoing weekly racing series. Below are the results of the 3rd race that took place earlier tonight.

Information on Week 3:

Week 3 consisted of 13 drivers at the start line on SO6 with FBM

Only 7 racers crossed the finish line.

Congrats to the podium finishes, RG^Rony, AA™| spiky and [GU-R]Holo.

Rony's car and track combo selection for next week's race is the FO8 on Aston Historic (AS4). Hope to see you there.

Thanks,

Shamz.
Attached images
GU-RLogo.png
Few thoughts on organisatoric side: Before starting the race you should check if everyone is joined - front row starter Hypeboy wasn't,so he started from rear,could have been more racing for win. I saw only a single warning about race starting in a minute,could have something to do with it. Few guys (including organisation team members) exited pits very carelessly during qualifying,screwing hotlaps already at it's start. At least next combo shouldn't have this kind of a problem,but it might if noone checks map before entering raceline.

About race itself - turned out to be an easy win,as 2 best rivals started from rear (Mikke joined without qualifying),was monitoring the gap during race and saw that Mikke cannot reduce it quickly,so the safe 9s lead gave me the comfort not to push the limits. When he retired,I had no pressure at all,while the tyres lost heat,car was lighter,so I could easily go for new PB.
Yes, i took R2's for race and didnt really enjoy driving with cold tyres, also destroyed suspension with few walls (about 10) and decided to retire.
no event this week?
+1, is this happening today?

Hello again,

Thank you to those who took the time out of their day to participate in our ongoing weekly racing series. Below are the results of the race.

Information:

Week 4 consisted of 9 drivers at the start line on AS4 with FO8.

Only 3 racers crossed the finish line while 2 others crashed on the final lap.

Congrats to the podium finishes, [GU-R]Silva, johneysvk and [GU-R]Holo.

Silva's car and track combo selection for next week's race is the XFR on Fern Bay Black (FE4). Hope to see you there.

Thanks,

Shamz.
When looking at the grid,I maybe could have made 2 wins in row. Too bad I was busy monday evening... Frown
Too bad you did not promote the event and did not reply when I asked about it in this thread. I would have participated. But I see you had enough pariticipants so nevermind Smile
Quote from Eclipsed :When looking at the grid,I maybe could have made 2 wins in row. Too bad I was busy monday evening... Frown

It's sad that you could not come. Maybe next week you can make an appearance?
Quote from Spiiiky :Too bad you did not promote the event and did not reply when I asked about it in this thread. I would have participated. But I see you had enough pariticipants so nevermind

Quote from truckloader :
Rony's car and track combo selection for next week's race is the FO8 on Aston Historic (AS4). Hope to see you there.

I did actually promote it on the results post. That is one way I promote races. Other than that, I promote on GU discord - www.gamersunited.co.uk/discord, LFS discord server, on GU forum - www.gamersunited.co.uk/forum and also it is on the LFS racing calender.

If there are any other places you think I should promote the racing event, please let me know so that this may not be the cause of you not racing.
My bad then, I did check the server few hours before the event and it was empty, which is not usual as people are usually training shortly before the event. With combination of none replying to me here I though it's not happening.
So guys, soon XFR@FE4, lets meet there! (Humm...what may may be the server?)
Am I getting old or why I don't have a feeling anything is being prepared for the event announced to be happen in two hours?

First: I dont find any GU-R named server in public server list.

Quote from truckloader :I did actually promote it on the results post. That is one way I promote races. Other than that, I promote on GU discord - www.gamersunited.co.uk/discord, LFS discord server, on GU forum - www.gamersunited.co.uk/forum and also it is on the LFS racing calender.

I checked the discord server, it requires me registration, so I remained without any information from there. Then I went to
https://gamersunited.co.uk/forum/index.php?/forum/59-lfs-event-weekly-races/ just to found out, there is threads for all past events, but nothing for the event planned for today.

Would really like to race on such combo, but no information where people can gather to practice together, I can't find any server dedicated to the combo that is selected for current event.

GU-R Weekly Racing
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG