The online racing simulator
[Solved] Limited Rejoins/Prevent spectate
Is there, or could an addon be created, where users would have a limited allowed amount of rejoins after the race starts?

And in addition, if the number is 0, can it prevent users from entering the pits (ctrl+p) to modify/change their car?
Isn't possible to prevent players of leaving the track.

You can count rejoins by incrementing a byte inside IS_NPL for each user for example, and after the limit you want, user is moved automatically to spectator.
Quote from Skinzinho :You can count rejoins by incrementing a byte inside IS_NPL for each user for example, and after the limit you want, user is moved automatically to spectator.

Do you happen to have such a script available? I haven't learned anything about Lapper yet so I wouldn't be able to do it myself. I need it before the 16th for a league event if possible, and if not I've got some programming to do lol...
I never used Lapper. Maybe Bass-Driver can assist you with a pre-build script.
Airio can do this, so it is somehow possible to implement, no clue how in Lapper though.
Limited rejoins would be easy to code in Lapper.
I will try and write that script for you today.
Quote from johneysvk :Airio can do this, so it is somehow possible to implement, no clue how in Lapper though.

I used Airio previously. Didn't like it.

Quote from Yisc[NL] :Limited rejoins would be easy to code in Lapper.
I will try and write that script for you today.

Thanks, you're awesome!
Right, I think the script does what you want it to do (and probably a bit more, as I am not the kind of person to deliver just that, but always strive for perfection Shy )

Save the file in your 'Includes' folder and rename the extention to LPR
Then add a line in 'addonsused.lpr' to be able to use the file: include( "./limit_rejoins.lpr");

The script is seriously tested and well documented (well, I feel it is) so all should be good and clear.
If not, just ask and I will try to explain what is happening or fix the bug(s) in case there are any.

Attached images
Capture.PNG
Attached files
limit_rejoins.txt - 7.1 KB - 177 views
Quote from Yisc[NL] :Right, I think the script does what you want it to do (and probably a bit more, as I am not the kind of person to deliver just that, but always strive for perfection Shy )

Save the file in your 'Includes' folder and rename the extention to LPR
Then add a line in 'addonsused.lpr' to be able to use the file: include( "./limit_rejoins.lpr");

The script is seriously tested and well documented (well, I feel it is) so all should be good and clear.
If not, just ask and I will try to explain what is happening or fix the bug(s) in case there are any.

Awesome thank you! This will be great for my league races, where users are not supposed to change cars or settings on their cars.
This thread is closed

[Solved] Limited Rejoins/Prevent spectate
(9 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG