The online racing simulator
Replay file structure | Restore unsaved MPR replay
Hello guys!

I was banned from a server. The admin said that I was cheating, but unfortunately the replay is only available from the server which is located in the UK. I think there was some latency issue, because the replay is so laggy, but this is just the background.

So I just want to get some information about the replay file's structure.
I'm using an experimental FS in my Linux environment, so I can't just restore the deleted files.
I seek trough the block device searching for the mpr-s.
I've found about 90 files which has the word "LFSMPR" in the first row, but I don't know what is the closing character or hexcode in the file, because of the "grep" search saved the files which was started with the word "LFSMPR" and cropped 2000 lines after the word. I've found a constant "FF 00" at the end of a few MPRs, but this combination appears many other times in the same file.
So the question is:
- is there any way to guess the end of the replays?

Thanks
There's easier way - won't help you at this situation but maybe in future: if you have turned on manual saving,then after you disconnet from server you can find a replay in your replay menu (or also folder) named temp_mpr,there you can rename it for saving. But you must not close LFS or join other server - then it's gone. Other option of course is turning on auto saving,but that will clog your harddrive fast.
But if it's gone,then it's gone,I can't help you restoring already deleted file,maybe someone else can. Shrug
There was one race between the particular one and the ban, so the temporary file was not an option. However I was able to find the file on the filesystem. But unfortunately it's absolutely the same, so the remote and local mprs are identical.
So my question is more likely developer related, are the replays coming from the server? (even if the client is able to create his own copy)
Can we invite Scawen to answer this question?
I'm pretty sure replay is saved locally. Imaging the connection overload when after race server has to upload 20MB mpr to let's say 30 connections...
Just for the record the server is not located in the UK.

And I think as Eclipsed stated the replays are local as they are saved as a temp file which you can view before the race has finished.
I seek trough the SSD multiple times with different tools, I found mprs even from the 0.6H version, but not the local one from Sunday.
The first few lines contain the following information in this order:
filetype(LFSMPR), version, layout, trackname, fancy name - racer1, licence plate - racer1, car - racer1, username - racer1, fancy name - racer2, licence plate - racer2, car - racer2, username - racer2, ...... fancy name - racer*, licence plate - racer*, car - racer*, username - racer*.

Are the first few lines the same in the local and in the remote versions?
Thanks Draggo.
Seems like the structure has changed in the 0.6Q version.
0.6H, 0.6H4, 0.6J was really similar.
From the version J the third bunch of data is about the car and driver textures which might be a little behind in the earlier versions.
Btw I think the needed replay were handled by the trim command or the garbage collector.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG