The online racing simulator
DXF 3D files for LFS Cars?
(11 posts, started )
I know people are putting custom models into LFS, but does anyone have 3D models of any of the official LFS cars handy? I asked them, but they said to try the forum. Wink

My intent is to tweak the model a little bit and 3D print them on my Form 2.
I will likely make them small, hot wheels or smaller, because of the low poly model, and because a lot of the detail is in the skin.

Most any format that works in a cad program will do, just not the one the game uses.
I will be tweaking them to make them printable in Rhino.
I see a link to models of the cars, however that site links to .EXE files which I am not about to download from a site I am not familiar with. Especially when the file does not need to be, or gain anything from, being in an .exe file.
#5 - Ian.H
Quote from SimulatorRental.com :I see a link to models of the cars, however that site links to .EXE files which I am not about to download from a site I am not familiar with. Especially when the file does not need to be, or gain anything from, being in an .exe file.

Hi SR.com... these were built back in the day when downloading .exe files wasn't seen as quite "such a risk" so to speak.

I can understand your concern in today's era, but please feel free to grab them. They're simply self-extracting 7-zip archives, so you can download them and unpack them manually if you'd prefer Smile

They were done this way originally waaay back in the day primarily due to simplicity as many people would have / did ask "where do I put..........?" etc etc.

The packs have been downloaded a shitload of times over the many years they've been available (since 2004/5 I think?). Most of the renders on this site I'd say originated from my packs.. and many on this forum can vouch for their "validity" Smile

Doing a search on these forums for 'ds-autos' will show a rough idea of usage and the likes.

Cheers..

Ian
.exe & .com file threats are not new, any executable file with code, can carry a payload, and this has been so since the PC was invented. There was never a time when downloading an unfamiliar exe was safe.

I do not need them that bad....
#7 - BeNoM
Self extracting 7z files are safe, SR.com if you want I can download, extract and then upload the raw files for you?
#8 - Sobis
Also, you can scan these .exe in virustotal, I believe that would make you feel safe.
Quote from SimulatorRental.com :I see a link to models of the cars, however that site links to .EXE files which I am not about to download from a site I am not familiar with. Especially when the file does not need to be, or gain anything from, being in an .exe file.

There is another trick for you to open those files savely.
exe files from common compressors like 7zip, rar and zip can always be treated as normal .zip, .rar, .7z files.
Means you can normally unpack them with these programs installed.
You can also download 7zip file archiver from http://www.7-zip.org, then download scenes from ds-autos, then right mouse click on them "7-Zip > Open as archive"
BTW LFS patches also was packed in self extracting 7z files

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG