The online racing simulator
Login bug
(8 posts, started )
Login bug
I haven't connected to the lfs.net website in a while, like 2 months and when i log in it shows

Last activity : 2017.07.06 14:11

It's exactly the time i logged in, i think there's a problem in this...
#2 - Sobis
Well logging in is form of activity so the counter updated... If you checked your last activity while not being logged in, then it would show an older date.
I know,but shouldn't it not be like that? Like you log in and it shows your last date that you visited?
Hmm do you mean the message you see immediately after logging in? On the "LOGIN SUCCESSFUL" page?
Thing is, I cannot reproduce this reported bug for that message.
But yes, if you mean that page, then it should indeed show your previous login or return to the site. Otherwise there's no point in that message.
But maybe Sobis was thinking of the time on your profile page? Bit of confusion here I think.
#5 - Racon
I get this too, it's on https://lfs.net/login , where it says this:
Quote :Log in successful

Welcome back Racon.
Your previous visit was : today, 22:47

Not sure where to go next? You can try one of these :

...etc.

That time there is always the current time, no matter how long you've been logged out up until that log in.

If you're tinkering anyway, the javascript "you have not typed your username/password" thing on that page drives me nuts - it doesn't notice when the fields are auto-filled, or focused, so each has to have a character added and then deleted before the form will work.

...and if you wanted to make it 100% perfect, save the referring page when I hit /login, then send me back there if the login works. (I guess some people like the confirmation, so maybe a checkbox for 'send me back to <blah>'?)
** Best answer **
Quote from Racon :I get this too, it's on https://lfs.net/login , where it says this: ...etc.

That time there is always the current time, no matter how long you've been logged out up until that log in.

Ah, finally found the cause of the previous visit time bug. That's fixed now.

Quote from Racon :If you're tinkering anyway, the javascript "you have not typed your username/password" thing on that page drives me nuts - it doesn't notice when the fields are auto-filled, or focused, so each has to have a character added and then deleted before the form will work.

Hm, not sure what you mean. It should not matter how they are filled in because the only thing javascript does there is check for blank input fields upon pressing the submit button. The input fields should already have been populated by then.
Which password manager / autofill method do you use?

Quote from Racon :...and if you wanted to make it 100% perfect, save the referring page when I hit /login, then send me back there if the login works. (I guess some people like the confirmation, so maybe a checkbox for 'send me back to <blah>'?)

Done.
#7 - Racon
Time and last page link are both looking good, thanks Victor.

Quote from Victor :Hm, not sure what you mean. It should not matter how they are filled in because the only thing javascript does there is check for blank input fields upon pressing the submit button. The input fields should already have been populated by then.
Which password manager / autofill method do you use?

That's odd! It's chrome's built-in 'remember this password' thingy. The fields look to be filled in before the submit button is pressed but maybe it's a fudge. I'll have a closer look when I get home tonight, see if I can see what it's doing.
Glad to help developers Wink Somehow i feel very proud lol Big grin

Login bug
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG