The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :Hi there, we have been working hard, but the tyre physics have not progressed since the January update.

It's not because I took around a week off rebuilding my road bike. Although I am lucky enough to have been able to deliberately take a career that focusses on allowing me time, rather that maximising my income. So it was really nice that I was able build my own bike up from the component parts.

In fact apart from one month where I did less work than the others, since January I have been working on shader updates and editor functions that help Eric create some of the effects he wants to. In fact there is a lot more to be done, but the current version allows a few more possibilities, and also does existing things in more efficient ways.

So, as usual, good updates but slower than you or I would like!

Eric has been working on one of his new tracks in particular and also done fixes and updates on Blackwood, Westhill and Rockingham which we hope to release in an update in the not too distant future.

Needs a squishy tail so you can ride it in the woods. Roads are for sissies haha
sell bike ! Big grin
Could you do something basic to change the current grip loss with hot tires, leaving the rest alone? I enjoy the game so much except that the tires losing grip is some kind of joke. Even with 45 degrees lock I'm seeing people online drifting with 0% parallel steering. It's wrong.
One day Scawen/Eric could/would you add bikes? Would the model you are working on Allow for two wheel action? (imagine using pedals for actual pedalling) And of course some MotoGP perhaps one fine day. I know wishful thinking ;
There is (or was) a motorbike hidden in there somewhere, much like the LX8 - I saw mention of it once on the forum.
This?

Quote from Jedruss :did you ever consider moving to steam? wouldn't it result in larger player base?

Dude, you are like 35 discussion threads behind
Quote from Bmxtwins :Needs a squishy tail so you can ride it in the woods. Roads are for sissies haha

My preferred hobby is shown in the attached pictures. Smile

I would like to add bikes to LFS. More likely motorbikes.

Thinking forward in the short-medium range I would like to:

1) Release an update with the current physics, with Eric's Blackwood fixes and minor updates on Westhill and Rockingham including 3D kerbs.
2) Finish some graphical updates that will help with new tracks.
3) Get back to tyre physics and release it with the Scirocco.

Note, that is not a list of promises. It is simply a short list of things as I personally see it.

In the future I am still interested in various things that the LFS team and I cannot make any promises about, but I can state an interest in. Such as bikes, karts, trucks, user created content.
Attached images
Dsc04506.jpg
Dsc04507.jpg
Looks like a squishy tail for the woods is also for sissies then!

Can't beat a lightweight road bike for a commute though. Leaves any mountain/trials bike for dead, and allows me to stay in bed a few minutes longer than I could before Tongue
Quote from Scawen :3D kerbs

Is it possible to add a real life kerb sound when you run over it? That would be awesome and add more immersion.
Quote from Scawen :My preferred hobby is shown in the attached pictures. Smile

I would like to add bikes to LFS. More likely motorbikes.

Thinking forward in the short-medium range I would like to:

1) Release an update with the current physics, with Eric's Blackwood fixes and minor updates on Westhill and Rockingham including 3D kerbs.
2) Finish some graphical updates that will help with new tracks.
3) Get back to tyre physics and release it with the Scirocco.

Note, that is not a list of promises. It is simply a short list of things as I personally see it.

In the future I am still interested in various things that the LFS team and I cannot make any promises about, but I can state an interest in. Such as bikes, karts, trucks, user created content.

Excellent! ( And also unsurprising! Don't get me wrong though )
Damn that Scott bike looks fabulous!
Nice MTB. I'm still rocking a 12 y/o Scott. Good as new.
Quote from Scawen :My preferred hobby is shown in the attached pictures. Smile

Needs more cowbell! engine! Wink
Seeing as you brought 2 very nice kart tracks to Weshtill, which no current LFS cars really suit, surely karts make more sense in the short term than bikes or any other new vehicle types.
This is amazing! I would like to see and try this myself!

Scawen you have a few years' advance. After I also stopped smoking last year, I bought this toy for me this year .....Shrug Big grin
Attached images
P_20170607_195508.jpg
That looks nice. It's good to stop smoking and ride bikes instead! Big grin
Hello
I'd like to see graphic improvements for cars, at least bring them to the XFG standard, because some are really out of date, too few polys and poor textures. I like drive LFS but it is realy a pain to see so poor grafic in certain cars. I know this keep LFS in the low end PCs users marketing, but scaling down grafic in DX9 games, they can be played also with 10 years old PCs
I'm sorry to kidnap this thread a bit, I just can't resist my curiosity...

Quote from Scawen :[...]It's not because I took around a week off rebuilding my road bike. Although I am lucky enough to have been able to deliberately take a career that focusses on allowing me time, rather that maximising my income. So it was really nice that I was able build my own bike up from the component parts.[...]

Is it because that's the backup bike or is there a special reason you went with the 10-speed?

Quote from Xenix74 :Scawen you have a few years' advance. After I also stopped smoking last year, I bought this toy for me this year .....Shrug Big grin

Why are your brake discs installed front to back?
If licensing is an issue, LFS still has room for more generic car styles.

Small Kart & Super Kart Electric and Gas
Stadium and Short Course Trucks
Dune Buggies & Jeeps (add long off road tracks)

Generic Nascar shape stock car.
Maybe an Aero, COT, and some vintage shapes.

Oval Sprint Cars

Trash Heap cars for smash derby and figure 8 tracks.

Mini Sprint cars

Electric Street Car, Tesla
Small Electric hatch
Formula E

Monster Trucks - I can see a lot of city driving servers allowing one person to be the monster truck, and the rest RUN LIKE HELL FROM IT.

Various Drag Cars, that will NOT allow automatic trans settings.

This is a video of Scawn's spare bike:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QObVgIKjvKI
Quote from Scawen :....Such as bikes, karts, trucks, user created content.

Might wanna move that up in the schedule. LFS has amazing potential.
Quote from bbman :I'm sorry to kidnap this thread a bit, I just can't resist my curiosity...

Is it because that's the backup bike or is there a special reason you went with the 10-speed

I would say my main bike is the mountain bike, as I spend a bit more time on it and that's what I go to races on. The road bike is really just to keep fit and do extra training if the mountain bike is out of action or, as is frequently the case, there has been a lot of rain and the trails and bridleways are a mud bath so best avoided. Also sometimes there are places to get to and the bridleways are overgrown with nettles and brambles so the road bike can be more fun then.

In both cases they are "budget" bikes, with alloy frames. I have not yet been tempted by an expensive carbon bike with expensive parts that cost a lot to replace every time they wear out. I'm happy on mid-range components and keep them maintained. I do quite a high mileage, about 12,000 km on each bike in 4 years and 4 months. So that's over 5000 km a year. The chain and sprockets need changing quite often so I'm happy to use the ones that don't cost a ridiculous amount of money.

Both of those bikes came with 9 speed, and have recently been upgraded to 10 speed, which I think is a really good level for me. I was able to use the Shimano Tiagra 4700 groupset for the road bike and went for Shimano Zee 1x10 drivetrain on the mountain bike.
Quote from Scawen :There aren't many new effects yet, though there was a lot of restructuring to allow future development to take place more easily.

One of the main benefits is that the shiny windows with an overlay are now done in a single pass using a new shader, so that is good for performance and ease of modelling although visually there is no difference. It was just "wrong" to leave it the way it was done before and it's "right" to update the shaders to do things a better way.

There are also new shaders that allow the alpha channel to specify the shine level at that location on the texture, instead of transparency. Eric is applying these in a few places where it seems like a good idea but there aren't any dramatic new effects yet, for example I have not yet developed something that can be used for specular effect on the road surface.

hope this will be implemented on car body (skins) as well, would be great Smile
Makes perfect sense, that is quite some mileage! I was happy to make 1000 last year!

Any WIP new physics progress?
(233 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG