The online racing simulator
LFS Server Manager
(14 posts, started )
LFS Server Manager
Hi all,

I've made a little UWP app that you can use to manage/monitor your LFS server. This can be perfect for when you're on your PC, tablet, or phone without LFS nearby.

It uses InSim (thanks to DarkTimes for the .NET Core version of InSim.NET) to connect to a server. So you will need the IP-address, port, and admin password to connect.

Once you're connected you can view information like the server name and status (racing or not, amount of players, connections, laps, etc). There also is a page to view the connected people. If you right-click on it, you can kick that person. If you left-click on it you can view a few more details. Right now this is an early release, so there are quite some features to be added.

I've also worked on a car page where you can see the allowed cars. If you click on a car it will be toggled. So an allowed car will be disallowed, and vice versa.

There's a page with the chat history. If someone says something you will see it directly.

Last but not least there's a page where you can enter commands manually. Anything from a /msg to a /wind command will be possible (just like in-game).

You can add as many servers as you like, but can only be connected to once at the same time. Your settings will sync across your compatible devices.

Download: https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nc7lgzjnww7
Interesting, I'll have a look later Big grin
I've updated the app. It now has a map page where you can see the current track with all players on it. Pretty awesome on a touch device because you can zoom and pan like a real map. Big grin
Thank you for this! Smile However, I found four strange things on this new version already:
- After a player returns into pits (Shift+P), he/she will somehow go here on track map. If I spectate, that player will vanish from map properly.

- With this new version, leaving the pits/joining into track takes about three seconds. So I find myself in pits only after I have pressed Shift+J about three seconds earlier. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that map probably has something to do with this.

- Is it on purpose that host (the one who is always first first in connection list) is included in Connections-amount? Right now there are two players and host on server, but amount of connections is 3, not 2.

- And finally, what is Finsihed? Wink

Anyway, I'm surely going to continue using this Smile
Quote from tankslacno :Thank you for this! Smile However, I found four strange things on this new version already:
- After a player returns into pits (Shift+P), he/she will somehow go here on track map. If I spectate, that player will vanish from map properly.

- With this new version, leaving the pits/joining into track takes about three seconds. So I find myself in pits only after I have pressed Shift+J about three seconds earlier. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that map probably has something to do with this.

- Is it on purpose that host (the one who is always first first in connection list) is included in Connections-amount? Right now there are two players and host on server, but amount of connections is 3, not 2.

- And finally, what is Finsihed? Wink

Anyway, I'm surely going to continue using this Smile

Great that someone is using it!

1) Ah, the player gets a position of X 0 and Y 0, which means the center of the map. I will add something that will hide the player while in pit.

2) Oops, most likely something to do with the join requesting. I'm "listening" to that, but I don't accept or deny them. I should just stop listening to that because this app shouldn't handle that.

3) Noticed it as well. That's how it's reported by LFS. I should just do -1 to get the correct number

4) Sorry about that, this page is just a dump of some stuff. It means the amount of people that are finished. Do you maybe have an idea about to make it better as well?

If you have any other idea's let me know!

I am thinking about maybe giving players their own color for the dots.
I like this edea. Great work

But it would be handy to have a zoom function on the remote part.
Quote from RC-Maus :I like this edea. Great work

But it would be handy to have a zoom function on the remote part.

There is actually! Maybe it's not clear on desktop. You can use control+scroll to zoom in and out. Like on your browser. For phone and tablet it's just pinch to zoom.

I've fixed the join delay in my build. I'll bring an update to the store soon.
#8 - Racon
Quote from Bose321 :3) Noticed it as well. That's how it's reported by LFS. I should just do -1 to get the correct number

The host itself counts as a connection, if it's a dedicated host (complete with its own NCN packet in InSim).

PS: Looks good, but I don't have a compatible OS
Quote from Bose321 :There is actually! Maybe it's not clear on desktop. You can use control+scroll to zoom in and out. Like on your browser. For phone and tablet it's just pinch to zoom.

I've fixed the join delay in my build. I'll bring an update to the store soon.

Okay nice
Does this still work? I tried this on a local connection, and outside of my city, and all I get is "Error Couldn't connect to server!"

I have the server name right if it matters, the IP right, the default insim port 29999 open, the correct admin password, you name it.

Server is also on 63392, I left it on that just to try this out and still no luck.

(If it turns out that this still does work somehow, what do we do for other servers that aren't on 63392 ports?)
This program works, and it only need the ip insim and password.

(Maybe u didn't forward the port?)
Quote from RC-Maus :This program works, and it only need the ip insim and password.

(Maybe u didn't forward the port?)

I've hosted servers since 2008, so I'm very familiar with forwarding.

I have daily players on my servers, but when you say that, am I supposed to forward the insim 29999 port too? Because if that's the case, I've never had to do that before haha.

Thanks for your quick reply btw! Please let me know Smile
Yep thats it need open insim port Smile
Quote from RC-Maus :Yep thats it need open insim port Smile

Works like a charm now! Thank you so much!SmileThumbs upRofl

LFS Server Manager
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG