The online racing simulator
Buying Drive Force Pro
(17 posts, started )
Buying Drive Force Pro
I know it should be in another subforum , but i need answer pretty quickly.
(more people visit this subforum, so i can get answer faster, sorry)

i would like to buy Driving Force Pro wheel, but it says it is for playstation. So does it work with computer too? Do i need something special to buy in order to get DFP work for computer?
#2 - Krane
You only need the drivers from wingmanteam.com
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :I know it should be in another subforum , but i need answer pretty quickly.
(more people visit this subforum, so i can get answer faster, sorry)

i would like to buy Driving Force Pro wheel, but it says it is for playstation. So does it work with computer too? Do i need something special to buy in order to get DFP work for computer?

I had the same questions a while ago, but after reading the forum, I bought this wheel and it's working superb on my pc. Just use the wingman-drivers and you are ready to go.
#5 - P1lot
DFP is designed for PS2 and is advertised as such, but also works on PC where it's appreciated as one of the best for the price. It fully works once you get the drivers from wingmanteam.
#6 - richo
Probably a silly question but i couldnt get an idea off the Logitech site, does it require a ps2 to usb adaptor?

mmm seriously thinking of getting one now
#7 - Krane
Quote from richo :Probably a silly question but i couldnt get an idea off the Logitech site, does it require a ps2 to usb adaptor?

It is USB, it goes to the USB jacks on the PS2 not the gamepad jacks.

Btw
That wingmanteam.com looks like a someone's hobby website, but it actually is the site of people that makes all Logitech controller drivers.
If you can wait few months and are not short on cash, there's a new wheel coming from Logitech in fall http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=7787
#8 - richo
Thanks for the prompt reply, the service here is first rate!

Ive been using a gamepad for too long me thinks , time to use a wheel
#9 - richo
Quote from Krane :It is USB, it goes to the USB jacks on the PS2 not the gamepad jacks.

Btw
That wingmanteam.com looks like a someone's hobby website, but it actually is the site of people that makes all Logitech controller drivers.
If you can wait few months and are not short on cash, there's a new wheel coming from Logitech in fall http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=7787

Thats one nice wheel but at $299.00 us thats going to be around 650-700 australian pesos...
#11 - Ish_
I got mine yesterday and it works perfect on pc with the wingman drivers.

I paid £59.63 for it inc tax & shipping in the uk. This is for a brand new one
Quote from ERRUPT :You can get DFP's anywhere between 250-300 aussie dollars on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PS2-Gen ... ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

EDIT: Oh wait, you were talking about the G25.......My bad

Got mine from JB-HiFi in Adelaide for $197 AU. Just fiddling with it now, first impressions are very positive however!!
Quote from richo :Thats one nice wheel but at $299.00 us thats going to be around 650-700 australian pesos...

What makes you think it will cost that much? $300 US converts to about 395 AUD, or doesnt it work like that? Otherwise it would be cheaper to get one shipped over.
Yeah, same wheel
bloody hell, i always walked right past, thinking it's some crappy ps2 gimmick
quick question, are the pedals as shitty as the momo ones with these endless pot/spiking problems??

regards

Buying Drive Force Pro
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG