The online racing simulator
Post-processing shader error?
(8 posts, started )
Why do I get this error when I select "Post-processing shader : yes"?

"Could not create the render target texture".

W7 x64, Intel E7200 and nVidia 9600 GT here...

btw, graphics are great when turned off, but when I turn on I get this error and worse graphics.
Attached images
Error.PNG
Did u try to reinstall LFS? Maybe some files corupt?
I'm not. Frown

If I'm the only one with this problem, I have to try...
I don't know. I will mention that there is no point in using that option unless you are experimenting with post-processing shaders.

But it is interesting to know why it doesn't work. Maybe there could be a clue in the first few lines of your deb.log after starting LFS.

I'm interested to know what it says on the lines "started Direct3D" and "max texture size".

In my case it is:

started Direct3D 9Ex
max texture size 16384
Thanks for your reply. I'll try when I get home. Smile
Here it is...

started Direct3D 9
max texture size 8192
OK, I think the problem is "started Direct3D 9" and it needs to be 9Ex.

I don't know why that is, if you have Windows 7.

Maybe you have a different version of D3D9.dll installed on your computer, or maybe a special one in your LFS folder, possibly a modified one that you put there to use some other software in the past. If so, you can remove that and it will use the default D3D9.dll supplied with Windows 7 which should include Direct3D 9Ex.
Works great with a clean installation of the S3 full version. Latest 0.6R version without auto-update on a previous installation.

started Direct3D 9Ex
max texture size 8192

Thx and sry. Thumbs up Wave

Quote from Scawen :Maybe you have a different version of D3D9.dll installed on your computer, or maybe a special one in your LFS folder, possibly a modified one that you put there to use some other software in the past.

Yes, it is possible.

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG