The online racing simulator
Car can rev but never pick up speed?
Hi!

I am all new to LFS and been stumbling on a problem at the very beginning.
To begin I downloaded the DEMO and checked into the part to configure wheel, resolution and so on and didn't see anything really out of the ordinary.

When I take the demo GTI for the first practice throttle and brake works, car is going where I want but; it never picks up speed. At most I got it to 75km/h where it begin slowing down.
The engine is responding to the throttle very quickly, revving up nice but it will not speed up.
It doesn't matter what gear either, first to fifth makes no difference. I can floor it forcing only to hear the engine rev.

I have a Logitech G920 if that helps, is there a tweak somewhere I missed?
#2 - BeNoM
Can you upload a video of this in action?
#3 - Racon
Somebody else had this problem recently with the g920, it was the clutch axis - the clutch was always half in.
Quote from Racon :Somebody else had this problem recently with the g920, it was the clutch axis - the clutch was always half in.

I'll have a look, thanks Smile
#6 - Racon
Quote from Racon :Somebody else had this problem recently with the g920, it was the clutch axis - the clutch was always half in.

You're absolutely right! I drive with autoclutch and paddles, and when changing clutch from axis to button it was way better. When looking at the clutch axis i get a reading of about -900 whilst in the setting seems to be a fixed value of -1000 to 1000, so how do I change that?

Same is true for brake axis, the G920 have a piece of rubber inside which make it rather stiff after pressing it a bit. The range is from -1000 to 1000 and to even get it into a negative value I have to use all my weight. For me a value range in between 300 to 1000 would be more suitible but there is no calibration setting I can find?
Press your pedals to the bottom once or twice, so you can check the maximum/minimum values. Then, just clic on the 1000 and -1000 buttons and input the desired value.
Quote from Whiskey :Press your pedals to the bottom once or twice, so you can check the maximum/minimum values. Then, just clic on the 1000 and -1000 buttons and input the desired value.

Thank you, I have no idea why I didn't get that to work before but now it feels almost perfect!
Again, thank you all :=)

Car can rev but never pick up speed?
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG