The online racing simulator
Hazard Lights Icon
(13 posts, started )

Poll : Hazard Lights with Icon

Closed since :
No
Yes
Hazard Lights Icon
It would be cool when you have your hazard lights on, up in the map where you see the different color it would be flashing something that would get your attention, because sometimes the yellow flag comes right us as you see the crash. What do ya think??
No for a flashing icon on the map

Yes for an icon down on the dash or hud that looks like a real hazards light (and or flashing green signal arrows)
-
(imthebestracerthereis) DELETED by imthebestracerthereis
1) How many people use their hazards online? Not many, and most don't use them like they are supposed to.
2) Why would you want a flashing icon on the map to notify if someone has their hazards on. It can be a distraction if someone just turns them on for no reason at all
3) If you want the hazards to be a safety measure for a damaged car, yellow flags should be done better so it detects a damaged car
Quote from Tweaker :2) Why would you want a flashing icon on the map to notify if someone has their hazards on. It can be a distraction if someone just turns them on for no reason at all
3) If you want the hazards to be a safety measure for a damaged car, yellow flags should be done better so it detects a damaged car

make hazards option only when car can go so fast (after hitting something) or is moderately damaged and yellow flags should be improved
lol.. you can turn your hazards on and off whenever you like in a car though

i vote no too, and yes to tweak's suggestion, and i really want to have all those lights we have in cars on the dash in lfs
I would love to have the turn signals too insted of the dots
I don't think this is important enough to warrant a poll.

I don't use indicators (ever) or hazard lights often enough to care what shape they are on the dash although, maybe I would if LFS was a traffic simulator

#9 - ajp71
We've already got a telltale, so I don't see the point in another one where the hazards light should be, a completely useless suggestion.
Yellow flags are more than sufficient and probably quicker than the average person having to fetch there keyboard after a crash. If I see a yellow flag I'll usually look at the little map and try get an idea of the accident ahead.

Keiran
flashing light on the map would be too distracting for me. I voted no.
Quote from Hankstar :maybe I would if LFS was a traffic simulator

Cops and Robbers? City Driving?
Quote :If I see a yellow flag I'll usually look at the little map and try get an idea of the accident ahead.

I've seen other people say this before and I cannot help but wonder if they drive the UF1 or something, because when I see a yellow flag message i've usually passed the incident before i've looked at the mini map and seen which dot isn't moving.

Re the original post: Yes the yellow flag system isn't quite right, it is too short a range, but this should not be fixed with a player induced hazard system as it would only get abused, hazards are for league safety cars and cars limping back to the pits. The fix to this problem is to extend the range at which yellow flags show, perhaps with an optional range setting in the LFS config menu's.

Hazard Lights Icon
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG