The online racing simulator
Which steering wheel you use in 2017?
After a break of a few years, my 12 years old Logitech MOMO Racing, with the new/last LFS version works better than ever. I really notice the differences. LFS has always had a good connection with the steering wheel, and now it's even better.

Notice the changes resulting from improvements in the last few updates. Nice. Thumbs up

btw, there are many hi end wheels on the market (Fanatec CSW series and Direct Drive FFB wheels). What is your experiences with them and LFS?
I'm using a battered Saitek R440, it oscillates in the middle quite violently, could use a new wheel, just can't bring myself to spend as much as new Logitechs/Fanatec etc cost...
I was looking at thrustmaster T150, but haven't heard encouraging things about durability Frown guess i'll stick with this one until it dies
I'm using a DFP for 7 or 8 years now and it's still as good as ever. Big grin
Thrustmaster T150 with reduced friction mod.
G27, not the best wheel you can get, but great for the price.
G25
Quote from super_gt :Thrustmaster T150 with reduced friction mod.

more details about mod?

is it possible on f430?
A t300
G27 - with a backup can of contact cleaner for the pedals.
Quote from Shirtkicker :... contact cleaner for the pedals.

Yes. It's an important piece of equipment, for pedals and for wheels.

Kontakt 60 here...

Trustmaster TX
Very nice wheel set.
Thrustmaster T300 599XX EVO 30 Alcantara Edition Racing Wheel
Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals
Thrustmater TH8A Shifter
GT Omega Racing Wheel Stand and Shifter Mount

Quote from nesrulz :Yes. It's an important piece of equipment, for pedals and for wheels.

Kontakt 60 here...

or

Quote :
A special preparation for regenerating potentiometers, perfectly suitable for removing any dirt deposited during device operation, contains a special grease to reduce friction.

Potentiometers regeneration
cleaning and preservative properties
removal of sulphides and oxides

#17 - BIzO
Still using my G25 Smile
Nice mbutcherThumbs up
had a DFGT - broke down right after the warranty was over
had a G27 - after the warranty was over had pedal tracking issues (spiking etc). a good clean helped but it would come back eventually and just annoy you

now got a T150 and the plastic pedals are better than the ones on G27.

ggwp
@Mouseman, for how long have you had it & how is it holding up?
T150 wheel feels pretty nice, though it's rather heavy steering wise. I like how the paddle shifters feel on the T150 - very responsive and a solid click noise (unlike the paddle shifters on G27 that feel cheap and can be triggered easily).

Pedals are entirely plastic. They are decent, they can get the job done but do not feel good and have very little travel both on the gas and brake pedal. There's also deadzone for both pedals when they are either entirely pressed down or if you try to slightly use the gas/brake pedal.
^you can order separate TR pedals because T150 supports both T3PA and T3PA PRO pedals which will fix the issue.

Also, worth mentioning - the T150 is not ideal if you are into drifting. Despite the fact that T150 has strong FFB, it is not quick. I've been drifting in LFS with the G27 for about 3 years and with the DFGT for 2 years, the T150s FFB is simply too slow.

Have had the T150 since the beginning of 2016. I haven't used it that frequently in LFS, I mostly race in AC. Still acts as it was brand new. No issues with the pedals so far (except for the little deadzone that has been around since I got it).
G25 here. Still delivers after unbelievable 11 years of brutal beating Big grin
Have meant to upgrade for the last 5 years... still waiting for it to break (beyond repair) Smile
Still with the same DFGT,holding for almost 5 years already. The physical center is quite wobbly already,but still does not affect the steering. Pedals were spiking slightly twice,but cleaning did the job and are back with normal performance.
Just like the poster above - I'm considering upgrade,but not as long as the old one works. Big grin
Got a used G25 4 years ago, modded the shifter for more resistance, still working great(when I have time to play).
Miki D, thx for info. You use this?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG